How many guns do you own?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Pb2au

Re: How many guns do you own?

Post by Pb2au »

Ummmm well plus one more since last week,,,,,,,,, :)
I have a mix, but trend mostly to rifles. 14 I think is the total.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

pricedo wrote:
44-40 Willy wrote:Not many. I cut down on the collection several years ago as I got tired of most of them sitting around collecting dust. About 10 or so counting the muzzleloaders. Only two are handguns though with a few shotguns thrown in for good measure.

Now, about 14 handguns and twice that many rifles and 5 or 6 shotguns.
The number is always changing.
I'm always buying and selling em.
Promised myself I wasn't going to buy any more and wound up buying 4 in the last couple of months. :x
Update:

Just picked up a brand new Ruger 10/22 Takedown in 22LR today.
Bought the little Leupold 2-7x28mm rim fire scope to go with it........the scope ran close to $300.......not cheap for a RF scope..........but they say the optics are clear as a spring fed mountain lake.
If it's anything like my 2 dozen other Leupies I'll accept that on faith.
The BLR Takedown in 450 Marlin & the Ruger Takedown 22LR will fit in small inconspicuous carry cases in the back of the PU for long trips.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Just picked up a brand new Ruger 10/22 Takedown in 22LR today.
Bought the little Leupold 2-7x28mm rim fire scope to go with it.
Very Nice!
Michael
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

I don't know if I posted in this before, but in light of current political rumblings, perhaps I should.

The sad story is I had a bunch of guns but there was a boating accident. I had all my guns with me, and they all went overboard. Every one. Every high capacity magazine too.
My best friend was there, and saw it all. He can tell you.
In fact, he lost every one of his too, and if you ask me I'll tell you.
Sad, sad story.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:Just picked up a brand new Ruger 10/22 Takedown in 22LR today.
Bought the little Leupold 2-7x28mm rim fire scope to go with it.
Very Nice!
Apparently anything that goes bang with a semi-auto action is disappearing off shop racks like magic.
I have read & heard anecdotal reportings that Buds is out of ARs.
This is supposedly in anticipation of the impending Nancy Pelosi federal bill banning over 900 assault rifles by name & several general categories of so-called assault type firearms.
I found a 10/22 Takedown and I bought it........I always wanted one so I didn't tarry.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I cannot verify I have tried but it may be just rumor anyone know if lever actions with more than 10in tube will be listed banned from what I have read this may be the case. I would have never thought and still find this hard to beleive but these idiots are wanting to blame guns for the laxed laws and lack of funding to punish criminals and treat mentall illness. I say stackem high and deep while we can. sad what triggered this but it was coming anyways. I just hope what we have already will be preban like before. Instead of outright illegal to own. I am only running my mouth and have no facts to back this up and state this outright. I am only wondering. I am glad to be american and it is becoming so unamerican with the crap they are pulling no god in school soon our money will be changed we cannot say pledge of allegience in school becuase of god being mentioned in it. What anti american crap is coming next. Sorry rant is over :( I have been wanting to get more but money is to tight for me right now so I am just holding what I have as best as I can.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Some are talking like the battle is already lost.
If Americans are anything they've fighters.
Rights don't come for free.......you gotta fight to keep em.
The du-du has hit the fan......Obama has brought the fight to us........we either get active and write, phone, visit our representatives and senators and make our opinions heard loud & clear or we turn em in........there is no 3rd choice.
If Obama wins on the bans what will be next?......a federal ban on CCW?.......federal gun owner licensing? .......a federal gun registry?
What will be your answer to the question "How many guns do you own?" in 4 years time at the end of the Obama administration :?: .
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
DH651

Post by DH651 »

I'm not buying in to all this hype. I want to stay optimistic. I will be renewing my NRA membership and watch what happens.
I just bought my first new evil black rifle before the election and haven't had it out yet.

I have 11 long guns and 10 hand guns. Most of which are under lock & key.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

DH651 wrote:I'm not buying in to all this hype. I want to stay optimistic. I will be renewing my NRA membership and watch what happens.
I just bought my first new evil black rifle before the election and haven't had it out yet.

Feeling optimistic is great but you gotta do more than that.
Pelosi & Feinstein are whipping up a big ban bill that is going to make the Clinton ban look like a kiss on the cheek and it will likely affect most gun owning Americans if it passes.
You've got to let the politicians (your representatives & senators) on the federal & state level know by letter that you don't feel you should be punished or sanctioned by gun bans for the actions of a cowardly lunatic.
Enough grass roots opposition can stop this thing but we gotta let the legislators know how we feel.

The answer to the question "How many guns do you own?" hopefully won't be any less in 4 years than it is now because of confiscations. +guns
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

DH651 wrote:I'm not buying in to all this hype. I want to stay optimistic. I will be renewing my NRA membership and watch what happens.

Unfortunately for the Hear No, See No, Speak No EVIL crowd.........EVIL is going to come aknocking this time around. :shock:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA