Loading issue solved! Edited with follow-up

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Meteor1968

Loading issue solved! Edited with follow-up

Post by Meteor1968 »

Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the tips and advice I've gotten from you so far. I was having a loading issue with 357 Magnum jacketed soft points. I was able to find a box of 357 Full Metal Jacket and tried those today. They load almost flawlessly through the side gate. I find that if I push each cartridge into the side gate up to the rim, then I can feed the next one in behind it. If I just try to go 3/4 of the way with each cartridge, they seem to hang up in there on the left hand side. I'm not worried about this now that I know that Full Metal Jacket is the answer along with the little bit of fancy technique. Thank goodness the easiest possible remedy turns out to work just fine. It usually doesn't go that way does it?
They cycle fine through the action too, although I haven't fired any yet. I guess the solution all along was to feed this Brazilian rifle Brazilian ammo. LOL. The stuff that I picked up is from a company called Magtech. It's made in Brazil. Guess who owns Magtech?? CBC! The corporation that makes the Rossi R92. Well I'll be darned.
Edit: I put a few rounds downrange and the fmj .357s work just fine. That's the good news. The bad news is that my lgs sold me the last box they had, so now I'll be on the search. :D
Proud owner of an R92 with 20" blued barrel in .357/.38
LexsLavrov

Re: Loading issue solved! Edited with follow-up

Post by LexsLavrov »

Rossi has a ton of razor sharp edges in every place possible. It is ok for smooth them with some smooth file.
As for loading - try to keep cartridge in horizontal plane. Cartridge's nose can go left and right no problem. But if bullets nose goes too much up or down, it jams.
I am feeding my Rossi cast bullets no problem.
from a company called Magtech.
Ahhhh :) Best cases ever! I dont know what specific kind of brass they use, but case wall is thinnest and lifetime is highest. Also they can handle pretty hot loads.