How is the break down on the Rio same as marlin?

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

How is the break down on the Rio same as marlin?

Post by akuser47 »

I may be gettin the 30/30 itch and for the money on a new gun in 30/30 the rio is looking good. curious about the breakdown pros and cons and any similarities to marlin or still more like the winchesters?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: How is the break down on the Rio same as marlin?

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I may be gettin the 30/30 itch and for the money on a new gun in 30/30 the rio is looking good. curious about the breakdown pros and cons and any similarities to marlin or still more like the winchesters?
I'm very pleased with my Rossi Braztech Rio Grande (Marlin 336 clone) in .30-30 Win.
My gun was quite dirty when I bought it but it was the best looking, best running example of its species on the rack at the time & the shop clerk took a personal interest in my activities when I pulled a 4 piece cleaning rod & patch out of my jacket and wet it with solvent and ran it down the barrel so I could inspect it for signs of pitting & corrosion with the handy bore flashlight that is also part of my Rossi acquisition"kit".
I always take my Rossi acquisition"kit" when I go Rossi-shoppin based on the premise that the best way to deal with "lemons" is to leave them on the rack for somebody else.
After getting the gun home & my usual regimen of stripping down to parts, cleaning with solvent, polishing and stoning of burrs & rough spots with my drill mounted grinding stone & administering a complete butt to crown lubing while reassembling the gun it is the smoothest running levergun in my stable. Get the stainless steel magazine follower designed for the 44/45 caliber Rossi 92s from Steve's Gunz as it will fit the Rio Grande in .30-30 & replace the cheap, yellow plastic factory follower with it to prevent magazine binding/jamming problems down the road.
I can cycle a mag full of rounds with only my baby finger touching the finger lever. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA