Guntalk Video

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Guntalk Video

Post by golfish »

Make sure you have an extra rear barrel band screw and you'll probably need some fatter bullets. .431-.432....

Good luck
Thin Man

Post by Thin Man »

Sarge wrote:I haven't bought/traded for a new R92 for several years, so somebody please clue me in on 'CBC' and how it fits in the grand scheme Amadeo/Braztech/Taurus et al.
CBC is the current manufacturer/conglomerate that owns the Rossi name. They are a large (and I mean LARGE) firearms and ammunition manufacturer. Another of their brands is Magtech ammo, which I've been quite impressed with given the raw number of rounds (hundreds of thousands) we've sold at the shop and indoor range in which I work.
Since CBC took over Rossi I've noticed a precipitous upswing in the overall quality of the lever guns they produce, enough to make me pick up one of their stainless 16" .357 trappers pre-covid.
Unlike my Interarms era rifle which chokes on several 357 loads, this one feeds anything I've tried in 38 or 357 and has one of the smoothest actions I've ever seen in an 1892-type rifle. It's not perfect, but show me a production firearm of it's type in it's price range that is.
Maybe I just got a good one, but the CBC Rossis we've sold are utterly trouble free especially compared to the Taurus labeled rifles we sold, some of which had numerous issues.
I'm fairly jaded when it comes to firearms and somewhat hard to impress, but these guns have done so. +guns
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Thanks for the info Thin Man. I'm not a fan of CBC brass for reloading, but it's good to hear the CBC guns aren't coming back like a boomerang when you sell one.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Arroyoshark wrote:Wow, you are a real Boy Scout - Be Prepared ! That is excellent kit, combining traditional saddlebags and modern materials as mylar and bushcraft nylon tarp.

I like the .44 magnum. It worked for me as a hunting round well enough. The Rossi 92 opportunity presented to me only happened to be in .45 Colt, but unless ya just want a lever in that famous old round, I suspect you are suitably well served with the .44 mag lever loaded to various levels. In either case I like the calibers that deliver some thump.

I have not experienced any feeding issues using 255 gr. SWC .45 bullets through the R92, as long as I snap the lever more vigorously than is required of a Winchester.

I had not known of the Rangerpoint takedown screw.
Only thing i have in 45 colt is a ruger blackhawk, but I carry it with my 45-70.
I have a canvas shoulder bag,(finnish gas mask bag) that i keep a reloading kit for my 45-70, 45 colt.
I just got the Gould bullet mold,(lyman 457122HP) to use in both 45 colt and 45-70.
Made up some dummy rounds, they will work fine in the ruger.
https://www.castpics.net/subsite2/ByCal ... 457122.pdf
I need to rig up a pin for making flat point bullets.