upgrading the front and rear stock sights to fiber optics

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
greenfire1960

upgrading the front and rear stock sights to fiber optics

Post by greenfire1960 »

so am i the only one who is not real fond of these stock rifle sights? love every thing about this rifle, except the sights! and my eyes are not getting any younger lol. has anyone here had any luck with stevesgunzs fiber optic front and rear sights? welcome the input.
GasGuzzler

Re: upgrading the front and rear stock sights to fiber optic

Post by GasGuzzler »

No. There's 65146 topics about them and what to do to fix or improve them.

The older rifles have better sights and there are aftermarket alternatives to the newer ones.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
greenfire1960

Post by greenfire1960 »

after poking around a bit it appears that the barell has been drilled and tapped under the rear sight? gonna guess its for a scope base mount?
9x80Drilling

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Yes, you are correct about the drill/tap observation.
I have a Williams receiver aperture sight mounted on my 92 with a firesight bead on the barrel. I also have mounted a NOE rail on which I've tried two red dot type optics and two different Scout style scopes. Currently I'm shooting and hunting with a Burris 2.75x20 on top of my SS 16" barreled .45 Colt.
greenfire1960

Post by greenfire1960 »

a couple of my buddys recomended vortex crossfire red dot been told they can take large cal without issue, they are priced in the middle, manufactures price on vortex site $219, $139 on sale where i bought my rifle. turned out that they<fleetfarm> also mount and bore sight free with every gun purchess! suprissingly enough they even had a weaver base made for the r92!! for $10. soooooo their on site smith, drifted out the rear buck horn sight and attached the base, scope, and bore sighted to 50 yards. i will be going to the range next weekend to check it out properly.aslo noted these red dots come with a low rise mount which i used and a high rise mount for other applications very easy to do both eyes open sighting with these.nice solid red dot and mount. and those 4 drilled and tapped holes were very handy too. thanks rossi!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dalek

Post by dalek »

If you are willing to go beyond fiber sights, one of the members here makes a very nice rear sight (https://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2566)

ImageImageImage
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

I have Andrew's first version of his rear sight on two of my Rossi 92(s). For me they have worked out great. If you, like me, cut your teeth on the military rear peep of an M14 you'll feel right at home using his sight. On the downside, with the Russian invasion and Andrew living in Moscow, I doubt he'll be able to do business with anyone in the U.S. for a while.
greenfire1960

Post by greenfire1960 »

the vortex red dot sight i put on works real nice holds its zero and was a snap to dial in, my older eyes are very happy! lol