I want a case / slip for my R92..

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ManxTom

I want a case / slip for my R92..

Post by ManxTom »

I just cannot come up with an acceptable solution to this problem.. OK, let me explain. I have a whole raft of rifle cases. Hard ones, soft ones, semi-rigid ones. I also have, at least, eight shotgun slips and fitted cases.

Trouble is the rifle cases are all designed for scoped rifles and the shotgun slips are all way too long for a 37.5" R92.

What I'd really like is something akin to a rifle scabbard but with an end flap that can be closed and secured. In effect what I want is a short, slim shotgun type slip.

I could get one made but that's likely to set me back, over here, around $500..!! Any suggestions guys??
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: I want a case / slip for my R92..

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Try searching for cases for a youth rifle (Cricket, Rascal). Or maybe a 10/22 or a Winchester Wildcat. I found a perfect fit at a gun show some years ago, although mine is a 16 inch barrel. The only drawback is the “My First Rifle!” lettering on the side.

See, I told you the Stetson wouldn’t be the end of it.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Here ya go:

https://www.boytharness.com/product/ala ... tgun-case/

Allen and Boyt have several cases that come in 40 inch lengths.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

HarryAlonzo wrote:
I think you're quite right. I don't count sheep when I go to bed, I just repeat over and over "You don't need a large loop lever.."

Just as a side note; I have to commend the people at Skinner Sights for their help and customer service. I bought their ladder sight and it fits like a dream. Silly me decided that I wanted the sight bar to adjust from the right. So I removed the little grub screw and slid it up and off. Switched it to the right side and... it wouldn't lock tight..!! Seems there's a little - actually really tiny ball that acts as a locking agent against the ladder.. and I lost it..!!
Today I received in the mail a little bag with THREE replacement balls. And that came from Montana in less than a week..!! :D :D :D
I won't be removing that sight bar again... :lol:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.. :D
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Speaking of sheep....

I have had the idea, growing stronger, to make a rough out scabbard for my own 92. That is, sheepskin, flesh out, wool in. Easy to punch holes in, easy to lace, and easy to make the flap all one part of the affair, with a long lace to wrap around the entire scabbard to keep it closed.

Just passin that thru ol Tom.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

ManxTom wrote:
HarryAlonzo wrote:
I think you're quite right. I don't count sheep when I go to bed, I just repeat over and over "You don't need a large loop lever.."

Just as a side note; I have to commend the people at Skinner Sights for their help and customer service. I bought their ladder sight and it fits like a dream. Silly me decided that I wanted the sight bar to adjust from the right. So I removed the little grub screw and slid it up and off. Switched it to the right side and... it wouldn't lock tight..!! Seems there's a little - actually really tiny ball that acts as a locking agent against the ladder.. and I lost it..!!
Today I received in the mail a little bag with THREE replacement balls. And that came from Montana in less than a week..!! :D :D :D
I won't be removing that sight bar again... :lol:

I just have to ask was that little ball lost before or after October 26th?
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Tom, I'm sure you guys have saddle makers over there. Go to a few of them and see what they can come up with. I'm big on supporting my local stores..
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

try skinner sights, they have nice cases.
ManxTom

Post by ManxTom »

stevep1954 wrote:try skinner sights, they have nice cases.
From what I can see they are all take-down cases.. but I'll email them and see if they have any others.. Cheers.
Blind Hawg

Post by Blind Hawg »

Made my own out of an old plaid blanket. Mostly for preventing damage in the safe. Made one for every long gun in the safe. If you want something more western, try a Navaho style saddle blanket from Tractor Supply? <$15.