Tanker inbound

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Tanker inbound

Post by Reese-Mo »

I don't have an answer for ya on that one, not having an honest to Pete Colt to compare to, and frankly, Colt has so many short run models that are made differently, not sure if that all matters. Maybe an older series 70 or even older would be a better comparison.

At any rate.... I have gone and ordered up a GI 1911A1 Tisas as well. The price on those just took a big jump at dealer/wholesale level, and I found a guy still selling at the "old price", so I moved on it. I planned on getting one, just... jumped a bit due to the savings (about $50.00!). I'll have some pics of that soon.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Tanker inbound

Post by Archer »

I'll dig out my 1911 Colt Army sometime in the next couple weeks or so and see if I can compare the pics a bit better.

I tend to like the way the 4" points and carries but I usually can make the 5" reach out a little further consistently. The 3" ones snuck up on me eventually and I found I like them a lot more than I expected to.