Can't get the lever back in?

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Johnnyjr

Can't get the lever back in?

Post by Johnnyjr »

Got the new springs in and all that.When I put the lever back in and line up the holes and put the pin back in the lever fails to move. Tried several times and still no go. Watched the video 20 times. What am I doing wrong..
Nashville Stage

Re: Can't get the lever back in?

Post by Nashville Stage »

Are you tapping the pin far enough into the bolt? For example, when you first install the pin (tapered end first, knurled end last), it will first go flush to the receiver on the outside. Keep tapping it in until it sits flush with the bolt on the inside.

If the pin doesn't want to go in far enough, remove the pin, bolt, and lever from the receiver. Then temporarily assemble those 3 parts outside of the receiver so you can see if there's something that's hanging up, like a burr or a bent piece.

Another thing that I've run into is the threaded filler plug that goes into the pin access hole after the pin is installed. Sometimes that filler is a little too long, and after snugging it down, the filler plug binds against the bolt, locking the bolt into place.
Johnnyjr

Post by Johnnyjr »

I've tried all you said. Watched another video and it showed the guy putting pressure on the ejector spring before putting the dummy rounds in..
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

You mentioned the ejector... The pin also captures the ejector and keeps it from leaving the bolt. If the ejector isn't compressed enough while inserting the pin, the tail of the ejector will block the pin from going in.
Johnnyjr

Post by Johnnyjr »

The pin goes right in but the lever will not move after getting the pin back in and I did have a dummy round in it as well.
Johnnyjr

Post by Johnnyjr »

Hurray,I got it. Works great. Love to new ejector spring. Cases fall right close to me now..must have watched that part of the video 30 times. Had the bushing in front of the spring instead of behind. Rather that was the problem or not.