Tell us a bit about yourself!
Johnnyjr

Post by Johnnyjr »

Hello from Pennsylvania. Just got myself a Rossi 38/357.. Hope to shoot it tomorrow if it warms up a little. Any reloading tips for the 357 or the 38,s.. thanks
GasGuzzler

Re: New member

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome. There are a lot of loading tips here but my advice is to also join Lee-Loader forum here ---> CLICK HERE
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome

#1) If you can't bake a cake from a scratch recipe don't reload.

#2) Verify your gun is functional, safe, feeds and shoots factory ammo so any issues you have with your reloads are identifiable as issues with the ammo not the firearm.

#3) Manual
#4) Accurate, reliable, repeatable powder scale.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Tubular magazine = flat tip bullets so they don't go off tip-to-primer under recoil.

Don't know your intended use, but if you want some potent loads, be sure to absolutely mark them, prevent them from being used in a handgun. My personal method is crude but effective --> cast lead can be shot from anything, jacketed is for rifle only.

You can go nuts, slug the bore, use cast bullets that are "just-so" for that particular rifle, or have fun reloading and shootin'. Your choice ;)

Some rifles can be finicky with length and bullet shape, so you may have to experiment a bit, but that is part of the fun. Keep notes!

What "feeds great" with the stock ejector spring may give some issues with a lighter ejector spring. When using a lighter spring, you'll need to decide if you want a "race gun" or one that is just a lot smoother but still really reliable. Reason being the amount of spring compression as the round clears the feed rails in the receiver, and at what point of bolt travel the round lifts out of those rails. Make sure your lighter spring can eject un-fired rounds, so you can unload ok, if need be.