In search of a 92 but plate and screws

BST any item between members. No commercial sales! Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts. All listings must:
  • Be offered by the owner of the item.
  • List the specific item(s) up for sale.
  • Include your asking price & shipping conditions.
  • Not include any links other than image links.
  • Not be a commercial sale.
These additional rules apply:
  • This section of the forum is not a discussion forum, it is simply a Buy, Sell, Trade, or Pay It Forward posting.
    • Discussions are to be related only to the conditions of the transaction, between the poster and participant.
    • Discussions outside of the specific transaction will be deleted without notification.
    • If you have a suggestion or a comment with no intent of participating in the transaction, use the appropriate PM or email link and send the user a message.
  • Listings that are noted as sold or completed will be locked.
  • All ads will be auto-pruned [removed] 90 days after the last post. The "Bump" feature at the bottom of the page, if available, can be used to keep the listing active. "Bump" is available after 7-days of inactivity.
  • Pruned ads can be relisted.

In search of a 92 but plate and screws

Postby bohica762 » 06 Mar 2021 12:36

Well, this might be in the wrong place to post this, and if so, apologize.
But I am hunting for a butt plate and screws for an older, blued steel, pre-safety Interarms imported, Rossi 92 in .357 that I managed to rescue from a fella that thought the .357 kicked enough to need a big old chunk of rubber glued to the butt stock.
Thank heaven for Goo Gone.
Any help at locating one would be appreciated, as my dealings with Rossi direct have led to much frustration.
Can’t seem to find a human being there, just a phone tree that assures me they value my call, but are too busy to actually answer it.
Thanks for any help at all.
Bohica out.
bohica762

My Rossi Choice: M92

Re: In search of a 92 but plate and screws

Postby golfish » 06 Mar 2021 22:19

I've compared the rifle butt plates (Winchester vs Rossi) They are close enough to make do..

I assume your asking about the carbine model ?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/category/g ... ng/springs
https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify. ... band-screw
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Postby GasGuzzler » 07 Mar 2021 06:58

I have an older, blued steel, pre-safety Interarms imported, Rossi 92 in .357 if you need measurements, etc.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Postby bohica762 » 28 Mar 2021 18:41

Thanks for the replies guys. Took me a while to find my post again! If anyone has actually used a Winchester 92 butt plate to replace a missing Rossi 92 one, that would be good to know. My gun has a 20 inch barrel, don't know if in Rossi land that means carbine or not?
bohica762

Postby Archer » 01 May 2021 17:57

Rossi made 20" round barreled carbines and also 20" octagonal rifles.
In Rossi land the carbine buttstock may be about an inch shorter than the rifle.
The carbine typically has the buttplate that wraps around the top of the stock with a curve and looks like it MIGHT be formed out of a chunk of sheet metal that was stamped in a press.
The rifle has the crescent buttplate that has a sharp point to the rear at the top and bottom of the butt. It also has a section that extends over the top of the stock at the rear but it looks more like a cast (or machined) part than one that was formed out of hydraformed sheet. I've heard these buttplates are designed to fit around the arm at the armpit rather than into the shoulder at the collarbone and are a relic from use on horseback.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Return to All Other Items