Other Forums

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
GasGuzzler

Other Forums

Post by GasGuzzler »

It sure is nice to come here and relax.

There are some real pieces of work volunteering on other forums. I got a month ban at a popular manufacturer named lever gun site once for using F*** in place of an automobile maker's name (a common practice among GM Technicians like myself) because mods could not use context to tell I wasn't bypassing the cuss filter. Today I learned they banned me for SIX MONTHS but never PM'd or emailed a reason. Since I cannot log in, I do not know why. Oh well...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Other Forums

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:It sure is nice to come here and relax.

There are some real pieces of work volunteering on other forums. I got a month ban at a popular manufacturer named lever gun site once for using F*** in place of an automobile maker's name (a common practice among GM Technicians like myself) because mods could not use context to tell I wasn't bypassing the cuss filter. Today I learned they banned me for SIX MONTHS but never PM'd or emailed a reason. Since I cannot log in, I do not know why. Oh well...
What a F*** rebel!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got a friend who gets banned periodically for stating obvious truths on a couple boards.

In my experience It isn't just the mods. Although it IS particularly annoying when the mods are playing stupid.

I was on another FA forum last week and someone dug up a thread that was a week or two old.
Took exception with something from one of my posts on it from a week and a half earlier and quoted part of what I said.
I responded a couple times and even ran the equations for him.
He responded with simplified counter equations that illustrated his point but had NO basis in the reality of what had been being discussed or what I'd posted previously.

I reread the entire thread and best I could figure this guy took something out of context. (He was varying one factor in a situation where the factor was directly related to a second factor with at least a couple hard linked effect.) So I responded with a summary of what I'd previously said, pointed out the linkage in my response and previous posts and asked what his beef was.
He basically point by point confirmed my points could be accurate in some cases and then signed off with an arrogant snit.

Left me wondering if 1) he was socially inept. 2) English was his first language (he seemed to go out of his way to stack double negatives and use awkward phrases and questionable grammar) 3) he was borderline autistic.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

I am a mod on some other forums and like to think I take all thing into account prior to dropping the ban-hammer on someone. Sorry to hear of you getting banned......but maybe I can help. If it really bugs you, feel free to PM (or post on here) the name of that forum. I will gladly join the forum and then ask them why they banned you for using F*** in place of the word FORD. And yes, I am that kinda guy. :twisted:
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

We have a member here who is a moderator there. I got one month for "F***" and six months for whatever I said horribly wrong a couple days ago.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.