MP Ruger only boolit

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
rustyshooter

MP Ruger only boolit

Post by rustyshooter »

There is a R92 Rossi 45Colt headed my way. I would like to stay old school and have the same load for it and my Blackhawk convertible. Of course the Ruger only load works great in the Ruger. Wondering if any have had problems with it in the Rossi? TIA
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: MP Ruger only boolit

Post by Reese-Mo »

The Rossi will eat them like M&Ms
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I don't think you can load something that is safe for the Ruger that is too much for the R92.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

The limit with the 92 is the brass, not the action. The action will take full house 44s and 454s and hold up fine. The 45c Ruger Blackhawk will not.

So what Gas' said +1
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Reese-Mo wrote:The limit with the 92 is the brass, not the action. The action will take full house 44s and 454s and hold up fine. The 45c Ruger Blackhawk will not.

So what Gas' said +1
Yep! +1

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The action will take .454 but the rest of the 92 construction may have a problem with recoil pulling the gun apart.
The 454 and I think the .480 versions of the 92 used a magazine tube and receiver that was threaded instead of being the slip fit used on all the other calibers.

We have had several owners reported issues of recoil pulling the mag tube loose with the Rossi where the assembly was sloppy with .357 and/or .44 Mag. That has been pretty rare but not unknown. Usually when the owner corrects out of spec parts that problem goes away but with the 454 and 480 the recoil and inertial forces required threading the joint between the mag tube and the receiver.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Bah.... Just sissy shoulders causin' that!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Reese-Mo wrote:Bah.... Just sissy shoulders causin' that!
Well in one or two cases it was attributed to either an extra long mag cap screw, lack of a mag cap screw seat in the barrel and/or either a shallow or sloppy band screw cut and/or cut in the wrong place not lining up with the bolt that allowed inertia to pull the mag forward as the rifle recoiled backward. Once the problems were cleaned up, screw shortened to engage but not warp or tension the mag tube, cleaned up band screw cut in the mag tube or rotated the mag tube and cut a fresh one, the problems went away.

You MIGHT be correct that if the gun was shouldered tight the recoil forces would be reacted with less movement impulse. On the other hand the gun OUGHT to operate under any necessary condition including holding the thing one handed a-la Ranch Hand. In a similar vein, not every failure to feed with a Glock is because somebody limp wristed it although that is probably the most common issue.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

It was a joke!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

No Big, figured it was a joke but we did get a couple threads about issues maybe 5 or 7 years ago.

I might have to start a thread about recoil vs. sissy shoulders, limp wrists and practical jokers though...