All My Lever Guns

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Phil Morris

Re: All My Lever Guns

Post by Phil Morris »

HarryAlonzo wrote:I think you need to add some 92s.
This is a little crazy but a good friend of mine (a serious gun collector) has decided to start letting go of some of his collection to selected individuals. He knew I was on the hunt for a model 92 and told me to come by his place and take a look at some options. They say the time to buy it is when you see it. I couldn't say no to any of these:
winchester 92s resized.jpg
Left to right: El Tigre Spanish 92 copy in 44-40, 1909 built Winchester Model 92 SRC in 32 WCF, 1894 built Winchester Model 92 44 WCF converted to 44 Magnum, 1905 built Winchester octagon barrel rifle in 32 WCF, lastly a 1941 built Winchester Model 94 "flat band" in 30 WCF. (not a 92 but I didn't have a pre 64 model 94). Time to get to the range.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phil Morris
Spankyukes.com
DFWBoatRide.com
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

I count 17 in that photo.......ya need one more so your chi remains in balance.......... ;)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Multiple score! Good friend to have. Okay, you still need a 92 in 25-20.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I am very interested in either of the .32WCF if you have any inkling on selling one. We have a 1904 made Colt Peacemaker in the family that was issued as a side arm to my great great grandfather who was a Texas Ranger. It needs a mate.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Phil Morris

Post by Phil Morris »

Wow! What a cool heirloom to have. My 32-20s aren't for sale but I sent you a PM with a link to one I was seriously considering.
Phil Morris
Spankyukes.com
DFWBoatRide.com
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

44/40 isnt fiddly in modern guns. Oldsters had varably long chambers, weird, non standard bore sizes. They worked, but were none too accurate. Modern guns are 44sp/mag bores .429, so use those bullets. Also... Better accuracy afyer once fired and getting the "shoulder" minimally set back... like loading 30-30.... head spaces on rim, but if you take out chamber slop in reloads, it works mo'betta.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Phil Morris wrote: PM with a link to one I was seriously considering.
Please do. I am interested.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Phil Morris

Post by Phil Morris »

I thought I sent that link a couple of days ago but I must have messed up somehow. Just tried again.
Phil Morris
Spankyukes.com
DFWBoatRide.com
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Excellent score.
I've had a couple of those calls that ended pretty well. Still have the guns in the collection.
Mostly Smith Revolvers but a .30-30 Win and a High Standard and few others as well.