Single shot .223 serial number help

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
broadway1985

Single shot .223 serial number help

Post by broadway1985 »

Ive got a single shot Rossi .223 with the serial number SP334377 and I am have a lot of trouble locating the date of manufacture as well as what the model rifle actually is. Any help would be appreciated!
GasGuzzler

Re: Single shot .223 serial number help

Post by GasGuzzler »

No one that I know of has found a way to determine anything from a Rossi serial number.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

At one time they had a lookup on the web site but I think that is gone. Rossi had two break action single shots at one time, the single shot and the Wizard. I have a Wizard. The barrels don't inter change. You might try Rossi CS.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
skchen83

Post by skchen83 »

I have two different versions of the Single Shot in .223. I have one that's the "HB" or heavy barrel version that's built on the full-sized frame with wood furniture. The other one is the small diameter barrel on the "Youth" frame, but they do interchange, although the forearm attachment point is in a different location. It came with the plastic furniture in green.

I'll check my serial numbers when I get home and see if there's any similarities. I don't have any idea when mine was made either! Welcome to the group. Nice to have another Texas Single Shot user!
broadway1985

Post by broadway1985 »

skchen83 wrote:I have two different versions of the Single Shot in .223. I have one that's the "HB" or heavy barrel version that's built on the full-sized frame with wood furniture. The other one is the small diameter barrel on the "Youth" frame, but they do interchange, although the forearm attachment point is in a different location. It came with the plastic furniture in green.

I'll check my serial numbers when I get home and see if there's any similarities. I don't have any idea when mine was made either! Welcome to the group. Nice to have another Texas Single Shot user!

Thanks a bunch! Where abouts in Texas are you?
skchen83

Post by skchen83 »

broadway1985 wrote:
skchen83 wrote:I have two different versions of the Single Shot in .223. I have one that's the "HB" or heavy barrel version that's built on the full-sized frame with wood furniture. The other one is the small diameter barrel on the "Youth" frame, but they do interchange, although the forearm attachment point is in a different location. It came with the plastic furniture in green.

Thanks a bunch! Where abouts in Texas are you?
My 223 (Heavy barrel), Model is an R223HB with the serial # AS038279
I traded for this one as is. It has the full sized frame that's about an inch and a quarter wide. Shoots fine.
My other 223 (light barrel), Model is R243YBS00 with the serial # CA102804
I bought this one as "parts" with the receiver not complete and a bent barrel. I've straightened the barrel
but haven't shot it. It has one of those receivers that has a "step-down" at the rear to allow it to take the
"youth-size" furniture (plastic), the forearm has a much shorter attaching point than the other one.
My other complete SS is Model S2022708YBS, a Trifecta that came with a 20ga, 7-08 & 22LR barrel. The
Serial #SP971854. It has the "stepped-down" receiver and youth-sized plastic furniture.

I recently bought a "lot" of 5 SS receivers ranging all the way from a complete 2 "Youth", one "step-down" and 2 "full-sized".
The Youth sized are Model M4122B Serial # SP443171, Model M4122B Serial #SP521143
The Stepped size is Model S201220BS Serial #SP796762
The Fulled sized are Model S20243RBS Serial #SP914747, Model S20-243 Serial #5GR04631

Other than the model number being consistent with the barrels that it originally came with (one exception), and the serial numbers starting with SP (2 exceptions), I can't see any pattern to them that would indicate year of manufacturer etc.

Oh yeah; I'm in the Dallas area. I'm by no means an expert. Just happen to have ended up with a bunch of these guns and parts! :shock: