Gun accessories - leather rifle butt stock covers

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Gun accessories - leather rifle butt stock covers

Post by pricedo »

Got a couple of really well made leather butt covers with cartridge loops in today from Jon Klein of East Leroy, MI for my Pedersoli 86/71 and my 1895G Guide Gun.
Definitely not Jon's first day making leather shooting accessories........GOOD JOB !! :D
Excellent work at a very reasonable cost.
I'll definitely be ordering some more of Jon's beautiful leather butt covers for my other leverguns.

It would be nice to have another category "Shooting Accessories" on the Board Index for slings & hardware, top mounted carry handles, butt stock covers, flashlight attachments, flash suppressors, receiver and butt mounted cartridge/shell holders, shooting bi-pods, you name it.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Gun accessories - leather rifle butt stock covers

Post by Rooster59 »

Sounds great. PICTURES pricedo! We're starving for quality visual stimulation!

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rooster59 wrote:Sounds great. PICTURES pricedo! We're starving for quality visual stimulation!

Jeff
GOOGLE the net for his website.
He has a well set up vending website displaying his products a lot better than I could.
Jon Klein has the exclusive on the bragging rights for the butt covers since he made them not me. :mrgreen:

Gunstock Cover
Custom Hand-made Leather Gunstock Covers
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
scottz

Post by scottz »

Wow, he has some nice stuff, prices aren't bad either. Which ones did you get?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

scottz wrote:Wow, he has some nice stuff, prices aren't bad either. Which ones did you get?
1) One Eyed Jack - Pedersoli 86/71

2) Gene Autry - Marlin 1895G Guide Gun

His "Wanted Dead or Alive" butt cover for the Rossi Ranch Hand is really nice and can come with cartridge loops.

Click on the link in the cover name and you will be shown a blow-up picture of that particular cover.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Thanks for the website info pricedo. I'll do that.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rooster59 wrote:Thanks for the website info pricedo. I'll do that.

Jeff

Wound up putting the cover meant for the Marlin GG on the Rossi M92/454........it covered up that "out of era" but necessary ventilated rubber recoil pad that always bugged me because it spoiled the legacy look of the gun and it also protects my cheek bone from the vicious slap of the bare wood stock under recoil .....also made the butt plate surface area a little wider at the bottom which it needed to be........the cheek and shoulder weld and overall comfort level of holding the gun has improved 200%.

The cover meant for the Pedersoli didn't fit the Pedersoli but fit the Rossi M92/44 Mag perfectly and covered that nasty metal butt plate......cheek & shoulder weld greatly improved and the ammo loops held the respective ammo more securely than the corresponding loops on the cheap black elastic nylon stock covers.

The outcome of the butt cover caper was 2 covers that improved the looks and holding comfort of the guns they were installed on.

Funny how things sometimes work out. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I'm going to order another leather cover for the M92/357Mag tonite.
Even though it has no recoil & my grandmother could fire it one-handed the 92/357M will look better with a real leather butt cover.
My leather butt covered 3 x 92s would not look out of place in the hands of Buffalo Bill Cody.
Leather helps legacy guns look legacy.
The 3 x 92s will now all have era-consistent real leather butt covers.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

I hadn't thought about the comfort for your cheek with one of those covers. I haven't felt the need for recoil reduction on my 45 Colt 92 yet. I have found it's tougher to keep the steel butt plate in my shoulder pocket for multiple shots. Even the hard plastic pads have some grip to them. Maybe the cover is the answer for my slippage issue.

Jeff
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rooster59 wrote:I hadn't thought about the comfort for your cheek with one of those covers. I haven't felt the need for recoil reduction on my 45 Colt 92 yet. I have found it's tougher to keep the steel butt plate in my shoulder pocket for multiple shots. Even the hard plastic pads have some grip to them. Maybe the cover is the answer for my slippage issue.

Jeff
The M92/454 with heavy loads gives me a nasty little slap in the cheek bone which the thick soft leather of the cover should attenuate.
The cover originally designed for the Remlin Guide Gun also adds needed surface area to the butt plate area of the 92/454C and covers that era-clash eyesore of a recoil pad which is necessary as you'd know if you've ever fired the 454C version of the Rossi 92.
As I said before the gun now looks convincingly like an in-period 92.
The cover designed for the Pedersoli was a decent fit for my M92/44M.
Just put the order in for a cover for my M92/357.
The covers are flexible and lace-up front and they have considerable dimensional tolerance in regards to fitting various guns.
The covers I installed even though made for other guns fit the host guns very well.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA