Spree...

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.

Re: Spree...

Postby Ohio3Wheels » 24 Mar 2020 10

I would have to agree, I bought a S&W Victory Sunday and since I was at the range and my bag was still in the car I spent an hour getting acquainted. First I really like the pistol so far and it only stumbled on a couple of the rounds I had along. Out of 10 Remington Golden it couldn't chamber 2. I had also picked up a box of the CCI copper bullets just to try out. Of the 5 I tried I had 2 that didn't blow the slide back far enough to pick up another round or to lock the slide back. They could get better with more break in as they worked fine in the M&P AR15-22 that has had close to 1200 rounds through it. Probably all anecdotal as very small sample group. Best so far have been bulk packed Herters HP from Cabelas and CCI Minimags.

Stay well, make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

My Rossi Choice: M92

Postby mr surveyor » 24 Mar 2020 18

I didn't know the S&W Victory was chambered for the 22 lr. Several year ago I had one that was actually stamped for .38 spl … it had been rechambered by the Brits for .38-200 (or some such). Worked o.k. as a "snake gun" for my day job, but being blued it couldn't hold up to my daily needs.

The Vic model was really some good stuff though.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Postby Ohio3Wheels » 24 Mar 2020 20

I think the one you're talking about is/was a revolver. This a semi-auto.

Stay well, Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr surveyor » 24 Mar 2020 21

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I think the one you're talking about is/was a revolver. This a semi-auto.

Stay well, Make smoke,

yep, I was thinking the original WWII "Victory" model. Had no idea they would regurgitate the name ..

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Postby Archer » 26 Mar 2020 02

Yeah, the Victory is Smith's newish midpriced target/plinker. I have a friend in Arkansas with one who says it is good but he thinks Smith may be over hyping it a little. Good to know the one you got seems to be working out.

I've heard good things about the M&P 22 handguns. I see the one on their website is the 'compact'. I don't know if it was a full sized but a friend of mine had one several years ago and he claimed it was the only .22LR he didn't jam. I have a couple friends with the M&P 15-22s that really seem to like them. I admit I haven't gotten one nor have I picked up a AR conversion unit at least yet although I might have some mags for the conversion. Part of that is I have a couple 10/22s and a couple lever guns plus a few more older .22LR semi auto rifles.

I don't know how my friend with the M&P 22 handgun did it but he managed to jam my Ruger MKII Govt which rarely has any kind of malfunction. I would almost bet he could jam the Smith 17 I had.
I accused him of being limp wristed when it came to .22 handguns.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Previous

Return to All Other Firearms