Some new 20" .357 at kygunco

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
deadeye

Re: Some new 20" .357 at kygunco

Post by deadeye »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/745538179

A Rossi 92 for $900 !

If Rossi is back in the lever action business again and .357 big loops show up I'll wish I waited. I guess I can always add a big loop to a 20"...
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

My limit on a Taurus Rossi is $400. My limit on an original is $500. Both limits ASSume we're not talking 480 Ruger or 454. $900 should be two rifles.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

I've bought 2-3 guns from them over the past 20 years. No complaints.
mm02901

Post by mm02901 »

Hello All,
I received my new 20" .357 from Kygunco today. I am very pleased!! The folks at Kygunco are great to deal with!! Thanks to Golfish for posting this link. It is a new rifle mfg in 2017, the action is very smooth and wood to metal fit is quite acceptable, one thing different is that while it has the receiver mounter lever safety, missing is the Taurus internal locking system that was on previous models. I will post more later after I do a bit of shooting in at the range.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Hey there!

It seems that new production unicorns rifles are finally coming in to the US. I'm new to the forum here, but have been looking for a 92 in 357 for a while now. After seeing the post about KYgunCo, I found a listing for the same model rifles at Hinterland Outfitters.

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/ro ... 58600.html

I called them to see if it was just a computer glitch, and the gentleman on the other end laughed. He said they got a shipment of 25 yesterday, and by today were down to the last few. (Don't worry, I already secured mine. :D) They're listing them for $540 which puts the price a little on the high side, but I'm not going to fuss over $50 when used ones are going for that much (or more) on Gun Broker.

It'll be interesting to see what other models start filtering in. I noticed that Rossi's 2018 catalog just got released (http://www.rossiusa.com/pdf/2018-rossi-catalog.pdf), and the R92 lineup appears to have been culled dramatically from 2017. However, I'm not sure how much faith I have in the accuracy of their literature, considering that page #4 mentions several different options: two calibers (.38/.357 & .44), two barrel lengths (16" & 20"), and two finishes (blued & stainless)... yet page #6 only lists specifics for two model numbers, neither of which are what's showing up in inventory now.
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

My 20" arrived today from Kentucky Gun Co. I was expecting a project with the wood or sharp edges or feeding .357. Right out of the box it functioned perfectly with a box of .38 & .357. No sharp edges and the wood looks nice. A great rifle all around.

When I go home I noticed a screw was missing. Its the screw that covers the pin plug on the left side of the receiver. It may have been in there loosely and fallen out at the range. I didn't notice it missing when I first inspected it. Any tips on where to get one?
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

mm02901 wrote:Hello All,
I received my new 20" .357 from Kygunco today. I am very pleased!! The folks at Kygunco are great to deal with!! Thanks to Golfish for posting this link. It is a new rifle mfg in 2017, the action is very smooth and wood to metal fit is quite acceptable, one thing different is that while it has the receiver mounter lever safety, missing is the Taurus internal locking system that was on previous models. I will post more later after I do a bit of shooting in at the range.
Any screws missing :D ?
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

I thought I already responded to this but do not see it. I got a 357 stainless factory refurb about a month ago. $430 for mine was the 16 inch. The company was great and fast. I have also posted on here that I have a blue 20 inch and a 20 inch stainless in 454. My gun will shoot 45 colt just fine contrary so some posts. Full power 454 will wake you up, I also shoot 300 Weatherby and 3.5 inch 12 gauge. Factory 454 is in that range. Saw another post this week wanting a 454,I have been looking about 5 years and never found a new one, and bought the first used on I saw on Iine. So, probably should buy quickly if you see one. FWIW, I prefer these Rossis over several Marlins I have including the JM stamped 357 I have had for maybe 35 years, no it is not for sale, it goes to grandkids, along with these Rossis..
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

As I posted on a another thread I had been looking for years for a new one in 454 and last year bought a used one in stainless 20 inch. I still have not seen a new one in maybe 5 years or even a used one in more than a year. So, my advice, if you see one, do not delay and probably not even worth trying to bargain. I love mine, my favorite of dozens of long guns. I hunt with a 257 Weatherby or 308, but for just walking around hoping to see a hog or coyote or whatever, the 454 is my favorite. I also carry it in the camper when we camp in Colorado or New Mexico where we see bear every year. Good luck
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns
mm02901

Post by mm02901 »

deadeye wrote:
mm02901 wrote:Hello All,
I received my new 20" .357 from Kygunco today. I am very pleased!! The folks at Kygunco are great to deal with!! Thanks to Golfish for posting this link. It is a new rifle mfg in 2017, the action is very smooth and wood to metal fit is quite acceptable, one thing different is that while it has the receiver mounter lever safety, missing is the Taurus internal locking system that was on previous mo, bels. I will post more later after I do a bit of shooting in at the range.
Any screws missing :D ?
No screws missing but I intended to replace the plastic magazine follower and the magazine spring with a stainless steel spring and follower, however the magazine tube cap screw is so tight I could not remove it, neither could my gunsmith. I will have to order another screw and have the gunsmith drill out the existing one. He tried penetrating oil and applying heat but the only thing we accomplished is marring the screw head.