Red dot mount?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
OnTarget
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Red dot mount?

Post by OnTarget »

Looking at the scout scopes thread, that is what I am looking for but with a red dot holographic sight. It is looking like you definitely need drill some holes for base mount.
Lostcoast

Fastfire III Mount?

Post by Lostcoast »

I am curious about the Fastfire III red dot sight, and am wondering how to mount it on a Rossi 92. Would the dovetail mounts that Burris makes for the FF work with the dovetail slot on the barrel where the rear sight goes, I wonder? Or, FF makes a Winchester 94 mount that requires drilling the receiver on either side of the bolt. Would this work on a Rossi 92?
OnTarget
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by OnTarget »

That is what I am trying to do, however I will have to drill and tap for my base as my rear is not dovetailed or already scope ready. Really wanting to see a pic with this style of optic mounted to a 92.
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

Here is a link to someone who had a Fastfire mounted by Steve of Steve's Gunz: http://gunnerforum.com/lever-action-rif ... today.html

It looks like a dovetail mount that goes into the dovetail for the rear sight. Don't know if that is standard or if it was a special creation by Steve. I have emailed Burris to see what they suggest for mounting a Fastfire on a Rossi.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Lostcoast wrote:Here is a link to someone who had a Fastfire mounted by Steve of Steve's Gunz: http://gunnerforum.com/lever-action-rif ... today.html

It looks like a dovetail mount that goes into the dovetail for the rear sight. Don't know if that is standard or if it was a special creation by Steve. I have emailed Burris to see what they suggest for mounting a Fastfire on a Rossi.
Does anybody participate on gunnerforum.com that could ask the question in the post. From the guy's forum name I assume he is a machinist so I suspect he made it himself.
Michael
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

And / or one of us should contact Steve and see if he made the mount.
OnTarget
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by OnTarget »

I don't know, but that is exactly what I want to do to my gun!
Lostcoast

Post by Lostcoast »

I went ahead and purchased a Fastfire III red dot sight today with the picatinny/Weaver mount and also a Rossi P892 scope mount rail. Not sure if the Fastfire will stay on the Rossi - it may go to my M1 carbine - but it will be fun to try out...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Lostcoast wrote:I went ahead and purchased a Fastfire III red dot sight today with the picatinny/Weaver mount and also a Rossi P892 scope mount rail. Not sure if the Fastfire will stay on the Rossi - it may go to my M1 carbine - but it will be fun to try out...
Excellent! Looking forward to the report. I shot a hog yesterday evening with my R92 chambered in 357 Mag with the Weaver scout and realized that I'm never going to use the same rifle sitting back at home in the reloading room with the Skinner Peep. Just not enough light for how I use these rifles. I'm still waiting on my 454 Casull as well and hoping that it is drilled or tapped. Was thinking about the Fastfire for the 357 Mag but might turn it, being I have another, to fund a sight system for the Casull rifle. Did I say that I hope that rifle is drilled and tapped.
Michael
DSA

Post by DSA »

Bought my 357, 92 with the scope mount.
Mounted a Bushnell red dot.
This combination works great.
Off hand 10 inch steel plates at 100 yards
with lead hard cast reloads, no problem.
My old eyes couldn't do that with open sights.