Henry's new 41 mag

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Henry's new 41 mag

Post by Ranch Dog »

triggerpull wrote:You know you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't get one! ; )
The problem is that to buy online and have it shipped in I'm looking at a little over $900, I think that is pretty steep.

I found a Henry dealer to the west of me, I'm going to call them to see what they say.
Michael
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

Ranch Dog wrote:
triggerpull wrote:You know you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't get one! ; )
The problem is that to buy online and have it shipped in I'm looking at a little over $900, I think that is pretty steep.

I found a Henry dealer to the west of me, I'm going to call them to see what they say.
If you want to buy on line--I'd check every day on gallery of guns since the price it quotes is the price you pay.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well, talked with the Henry dealer nearest me, a place I use to do business with until the owner passed. Place had been closed a year or better, then a relation of some order reopened it. Anyway called them and they told me they could get me one for $750 out the door. They were not sure about the exact time but their wholesaler had them is stock. We will see.
Michael
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

Do it--when you get it and you see how much more a rifle than a rossi or marlin it is that extra 1 to 2 hundred bucks won't seem like much. LOL
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

triggerpull wrote:Do it--when you get it and you see how much more a rifle than a rossi or marlin it is that extra 1 to 2 hundred bucks won't seem like much. LOL
I don't know about the Marlin 1894FG, S, or CLL; they bring quite a dollar. My worry with the Henry is the weight as it will be only used as a hunting rifle.
Michael
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

Mine weighs 7 lbs without scope unloaded. I haul 11 lb AR 10's around in the woods so this is not much to me--though maybe not as easy to carry one-handed as the rossi 16" round barrel carbine. The Henry comes equipped with fore and aft swivels for easy sling on and off.

Anyway, my main attraction is that it's a 41--I feel silly for pestering to convince you to get one . ; )
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

triggerpull wrote:Anyway, my main attraction is that it's a 41--I feel silly for pestering to convince you to get one . ; )
No worries, I will give them it a test run. Like you noted, the 41 Mag is what makes it interesting.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I don't remember ever seeing a Henry cost more than a Marlin (used or second hand NIB).

Here's a reference point for your fish RD....

MARLIN 1894FG FOR SALE

+guns
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That dude has never shot it, what a waste. It is also couple hundred dollars too steep but of course there is always someone out there I guess.

My FG will be an estate rifle as I will not part with it, too much hunting history. I do use it as a "guest" rifle when someone is here and wants to hunt. Light recoil and deadly performance. I don't know if it is luck, but the rifle, cartridge, and TLC411-265-RF has never left a deer or hog standing at the shot. Pretty impressive in that a number of first timers have used it.

What I do like about the Henry is the straight grip stock, just like our R92s. I tried to buy a Marlin 1894S chambered in 41 Mag for years, the "S" has the straight grip but they are too few and demand about $3-400 more than the FG. I don't think I will have a problem with the tube feed as I've gotten where I use it pretty much exclusively with both my 454 Casull & 480 Ruger. Less markings on the nose of a lead bullet.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Got a notice from Davidson's that the 41 Mag was in stock and within the minute, just the time for the link to login, there were none. That is pretty much my history with Davidson.

I bought another gun yesterday so the itch has been scratched.
Michael