Rio Grande Specific Magazine Followers

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rio Grande Specific Magazine Followers

Post by Ranch Dog »

Communicated with Mr. English at The Smith Shop. In the morning mail, will be both of my Rio Grande "yellow" Magazine Followers, 30-30 Win and 45-70, for him to measure and make available. If you would like to see them offered through his business, let him know. Contact him through the link on his web site.

Updated 09/14/12
The follower I received from Northwoods, this is the follower listed on eBay for the Rossi RGB4570, does not fit the OD of the magazine spring. It is the right diameter for the tube but the spring will not insert into the back of the follower.

Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rio Grande Specific Magazine Followers

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:Communicated with Mr. English at The Smith Shop. In the morning mail, will be both of my Rio Grande "yellow" Magazine Followers, 30-30 Win and 45-70, for him to measure and make available. If you would like to see them offered through his business, let him know. Contact him through the link on his web site.
Yes and I also asked him to consider making the springs like he also offers also. He told me if there is demand he would make them. I did talk to him and told him about this site and others with the Rio Grande being used for hunting and not CAS only events.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bump

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Maybe it could be reamed out with a drill bit or whatever so the RG magazine coil spring will fit inside???

Hopefully Mr. English will make us the real deal........a dedicated Rossi RG 45-70 follower in the same purty red color or even fluorescent "hunter" orange.
The red is nice for knowing when your tube mag is empty at a glance.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

pricedo wrote:
Maybe it could be reamed out with a drill bit or whatever so the RG magazine coil spring will fit inside???

Hopefully Mr. English will make us the real deal........a dedicated Rossi RG 45-70 follower in the same purty red color or even fluorescent "hunter" orange.
The red is nice for knowing when your tube mag is empty at a glance.

The one he made for me is the real deal and fits the Rossi Spring fine. I took the dimensions right off the plastic follower that I sent him. Now the one I bought for the Marlin from Beartooth, the spring wouldn't fit it either. I have a friend with a lathe that said he can cut that one down at the rear length to match the one that works and bore out the spring to fit. Outside dimensions other wise work fine. The one for the beartooth also is somewhat different for the marlin in that the part that comes in contact with the head of the bullet is concave. It seems not all marlins will run the Leverevolution ammo however it works fine in the Rossi and is also recommended by them in their manual.
Joe
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

My 2 Marlin Guide Guns in 45-70 (1895G & 1895GS) have no problems at all with the 325 grain LeveRevolution FTX "Gummy Bear" ammo. :D
Of course there has been a lot of "surgery" done on these 2 guns including a magazine follower replacement with a new Wild West Guns metal part.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

pricedo wrote:My 2 Marlin Guide Guns in 45-70 (1895G & 1895GS) have no problems at all with the 325 grain LeveRevolution FTX "Gummy Bear" ammo. :D
Of course there has been a lot of "surgery" done on these 2 guns including a magazine follower replacement with a new Wild West Guns metal part.
Only know what I read on the sight since I don't own a Marlin. But I quoted it below.
This is a stainless steel magazine tube follower that works with all bullet types including Hornady Lever Evolution cartridges.
I know the one I did get from the smithshop works fine with the LeveRevolution FTX stuff also. I also wondered if the Marlin spring would work in the Rossi RG with the marlin follower but no one that has both tried it.
Joe