Burn Baby Burn!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Burn Baby Burn!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Prescribed pasture burn today! Part of a bobwhite quail habitat restoration project that I'm working on.

Michael
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Burn Baby Burn!

Post by Moon Tree »

That's an awesome project. I try to do what I can for the quail on my little 50 acre farm. A good year I'll have 3 coveys, a normal year 1 maybe 2 coveys. My local F&G biologist says the only thing he would recommend above what I'm doing is to plant native warm season grasses. That's an expense that I'm not quite ready to spend.

Last spring my tractor died and I could swing a new one until early July. I didn't get any food plots out. This year I'll be planting 60 lbs of the Quail Unlimited seeds, 2 acres of soy bean, 1 acre sunflowers, 1 acre of buckwheat and maybe a little corn if I can round up 10 pounds or so for a small patch.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear of somebody else involved with this work as well. Well done!
Michael
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

I have 5 Britney Spaniels. I've got to keep them entertained some how. Although, I use released birds to work with them 95% of the time.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.