Reloading for a 16 inch Rossi

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Reloading for a 16 inch Rossi

Post by mr surveyor »

not trying to ruffle feathers, but "fun and training at the range"... I assume means some type of target shooting?

That's partly where I think re-loading/hand loading really shines. If you're punching holes in paper, you generally want the holes as close together as you can get them. Tweaking individual loads for each firearm to get the most from it is part of the mission, is it not?

And, for the record, I do load a lot of low end loads with Trail Boss and Unique for "extended trigger time" in multiple firearms. Not the best loads for any of them individually, but do adequately in all for going "bang".

As for finding the magic load in any of them, I haven't yet but I'm still trying :lol:

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

"As for finding the magic load in any of them, I haven't yet but I'm still trying :lol:"

Me too +1

And all this talk about Trail Boss has me wondering when it will start showing up
on the shelves again ?
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Moe Mentum

Post by Moe Mentum »

This is for target use and general pinking. I don't want to load for each gun, just trying to get a feel for a well balanced load for all of my .38 specials. My rifle is on its way, I don't have it just yet, but trying to get a feel for shooting them out of the 16 inch Rossi barrel
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Moe,

Again, I was certainly not trying to provoke any argument with my input. My point was that tweaking a load specific to the individual firearm makes punching holes in paper much more enjoyable. If paper punching is the goal, then I'd suppose you want to make the smallest cluster of holes possible ... preferable one hole if possible. With multiple firearms in a certain caliber you might find that each one may have a totally different sweet spot with the same bullet and powder .... maybe a tenth or two variation in load charges. To me, that's part of the magic od re-loading/hand loading. Just my opinions though.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!