Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Zippidydoodah

Re: Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Remington 7400 in .243 win. Can hand load with 58 grain hornady bullets up to 100 grains , good for anything from small game to ?? Standard 5 round internal clip, can get 10 round aftermarket clips. If you bought 308 7400, can shoot 22 sabots hand loaded up to 4000+ fps w/ 22 bullets. Low recoil too.gives you capability to shoot anything 22 to 30 cal. Use one piece scope mount base, makes all the difference in the world.
Zippidydoodah

Any thing that's light and shoots well, need.

Post by Zippidydoodah »

If you want rim fire , get savage bolt action in 17 hmr, good to 175 yards bunny killer, light weight, low recoil, 2500 fps with 17 grain bullet. I bought Rossi combo 17/12 ga it is even lighter but single shot. I thought about the hornady 17 mach2, based on 22 long rifle cartridge, goes 2000 fps and is/was more economical to shoot
But it never caught on as much.
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Remington 7400 in .243 win. Can hand load with 58 grain hornady bullets up to 100 grains , good for anything from small game to ?? Standard 5 round internal clip, can get 10 round aftermarket clips. If you bought 308 7400, can shoot 22 sabots hand loaded up to 4000+ fps w/ 22 bullets. Low recoil too.gives you capability to shoot anything 22 to 30 cal. Use one piece scope mount base, makes all the difference in the world.
Hi Zip...ah
I have some of the above in A bolt bit over kill for the bunny's and I have a 22 250 but it's to much rifle where I am shooting even suppressed.
I have tried those sabots even home loaded them didn't like them! didn't group good enough and at that speed left to much plastic in the barrel which seem to melt into it.
Cleaning took forever so out they went, seemed a good idea. just didn't do it for me.
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I've used them in everything 30 cal from 7.62x25 pistol , 30-30 win to 300 win Mag's and 30-06. Yeh it can be overkill but I had best luck in 30-30. I guess less powder. What about 17 mach2 hornady at 2000 fps?
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Zippidydoodah wrote:If you want rim fire , get savage bolt action in 17 hmr, good to 175 yards bunny killer, light weight, low recoil, 2500 fps with 17 grain bullet. I bought Rossi combo 17/12 ga it is even lighter but single shot. I thought about the hornady 17 mach2, based on 22 long rifle cartridge, goes 2000 fps and is/was more economical to shoot
But it never caught on as much.
Hi again Zippidydoodah
Was thinking along that line but they don't like the wind :o I have been using the 22 mag of late with the Hornady V max the packet says 2200 and still doing 14 something at the 100yd and I think just above sub at 200. but it's not a wind friendly prod.
That why I have settled on .223 +corn I have been told from Browning that they are to release in 2015 .223 in 1 in 8 twist.
I have written to them and ask if they would do the youth model in .223 at this stage they are only thinking 22 250, not the best to teach kids on .223 is a good all-round Cal and when they bring out there 1/8 it will run heavy projectiles.
What ever it will be, it will end up with a Can on it.
Keep the Peace in the neighbourhood :)
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

300 blackout in ar?
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Go to u tube and see some action shots using 230 grain in 300 blackout (300 whisper) amazing platform.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I've been thinking of an ar in 300 blackout. I've shoot them in my friends ars. amazing round For a loader. Going to sportsmen den Tommorrow maybe santana left somthing there for me we shall see.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

jdb wrote:
Kiwi-Hunter wrote:Thanks have to find a link to the shooting stick.
The AR the left can just make the mag to hold it, and that at the moment this limits most I what I can do standing.
The ground is along way down then there is the long way up:)
KH
Here is a link to one Kiwi. http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/product ... k-M62.html

This one has a a grip and lanyard for the wrist. It adjust from 22" to 62", so you could probably use it against your belt or the ground. It's not the exact one I was thinking about, but it's close. I just can't remember who makes the ones I saw. Sorry, but if ya look around enough, I suspect ya can find something that will work for ya if you decide to go that way.
Well I came across this http://www.bipodshootingsticks.com/
I have given myself an early gift :)
The support on the arm looked like it may help +corn will do a follow up on it.
300 someone else is looking for a gift :roll:
KH
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Kiwi, have you looked at Thompson Center Contender series. They make pistol and rifle barrels in many calipers from 17 m2, 17r to 45-70
The gun being break action is considerably shorter than bolt or auto and once you have the receiver can add barrels as the requirement changes. 204 ruger, .222 and 223 are popular as is 30-30 and 7tcu and 7-30 waters. Going up to 35 caliber you can get 357 magnum, 357 maximum, 35 Remington, 357 Herrit, and so on to 375 win, 41, 44, 45, 454 Cassull, 45-70
More variations are produced by the custom shops and a lot of barrels are sold thru eBay. The trigger is adjustable down to ounces and the stock is available in wood or synthetic. If you only need one shot it is a nice light platform to grow into many uses. Used barrels on eBay range from $150 ish to over $400 depending on size, rarity, etc. Thompson also makes the encore series for the more powerful calibers such as 30-06, 7 mm mag and so on. They also have aftermarket barrels including Bergargerra of Spain ,etc. and muzzle loading and shotgun barrels as well. Too many to choose from!!