Skinning Knife Recommendations?

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
jdb

Re: Skinning Knife Recommendations?

Post by jdb »

akuser47 wrote:If you guys do work out somthing try to keep it to pm so the rules are followed. I absolutely love that saw back blade. Amazing work. Elegant functional artwork. Also sexy pics of all your work.
LOL...we're not going to work out anything AK. I thought I made it clear. My shop is a mess. I couldn't make a knife right now if I wanted to.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure JD was kidding. He knows the rules too.

And thanks. I do subtle. It's kind of my thing. There is actually a LOT of engineering that goes into them that the simplicity of the designs doesn't show. Everything from the way I build the handles so that I can add or subtract weight to get the perfect balance, tip to hilt AND spine to blade, to the diminishing radius I put on the blade so that it matches the way the average person's wrist bends as they cape the critter and gives the longest stroke. A LOT of thought goes into my working man's knives.

So THANKS!

Thanks to all. It's good to be appreciated. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson