Level your scale

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Level your scale

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

When i moved in to this old log cabin a year an half ago, I got a shed/work shop I've wanted for a long time. The shed is not level and the work bench is really out of whack. I wanted my scales to be on a level surface. The following pics show how level the bench top is and a leveling and adjustable platform I threw together. Made it from scrap plywood, 4 screws, 4 wing nuts, 8 washers, 4 springs.

Edit: removed links, pics below, I DO NOT have this iPad and photo bucket working smooth yet but....
Last edited by NavyDoc76-80 on 23 Aug 2014 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Level your scale

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

I continue to fail copying and pasting a picture, dang it.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I cleaned it up for you.

The problem with photobucket is that they want enclose the "img" links with a "url" link that links back to photobucket. The each way to do this this is only include what starts with [img] through what ends with [/img].

Delete everything before [img] and delete everything after [/img].
Michael
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Here is a side view, one each for the beam and electronic. You can see the bevel of the platform, thus the amount the table is off

Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice work
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
jdb

Post by jdb »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:When i moved in to this old log cabin a year an half ago, I got a shed/work shop I've wanted for a long time. The shed is not level and the work bench is really out of whack. I wanted my scales to be on a level surface. The following pics show how level the bench top is and a leveling and adjustable platform I threw together. Made it from scrap plywood, 4 screws, 4 wing nuts, 8 washers, 4 springs.
VERY ingenious Doc. Well done brother!

By the way, my shop is a MESS. Been doing a whole house remodel and it's been nothing but storage for new doors, windows and lumber for WAY too long. I'm jealous!
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jdb,

Warning, this is off topic, but I laughed and had to reply regarding your shed workshop loaded up with"stuff".
Six months into moving to our new home and after pleading that the shop not be used for storage, I was loosing the battle. My rule initially was my stuff only....after loosing that battle, I had a crew come in, built me a shed of 16x20. With the rough part done, I added waist height receptacles four feet apart around the entire shed, full working bench along the 20"wall with middle shelf, insulated the attic with r40, insulated the walls w/r15, finished off the ceiling and walls, added a second floor for strength, ridge vent, and took a window AC and installed in a wall, lit it up with 3 banks (3x3) of 4ft fluorescent and two sets of flood lights on the exterior, now I say all that because I had to do all that so my wife had her own space for her "stuff". I plan on making a sign for her to place on the shed, it will read, "Mary's Stuff". Like AK said once, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, to get what you want.
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

DavyDoc... thought you would like seeing some pictures of my reloading room!

Michael
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

RD,
I saw these in another thread and can tell ya my wife would never see me if I had that set up. Definitely a labor of love. I am working on a deal with my wife to swap sheds, but when ever I mention it she says something about her hearing aids not working, funny thing is, I didn't know she wore hearing aids. Now that's what I call falling on deaf ear. Lord willing we are all here a year from now, I'll let ya know.
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C