So what is your day to day?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
singleshotcajun

Re: So what is your day to day?

Post by singleshotcajun »

RD,Does your MP decock? I know what it is to buy another one for posterity . Years ago I went out to buy a Taurus 1911 and left the store with a 24/7 OSS in 9mm,you can whiplash from a thing like that. That purchase broke all of my long held "never" rules on handguns,9mm,polymer frame and striker fired,I had to eat a lot of crow over that purchase.The last variant of the original 24/7 series to my mind has the most workable and well thought out trigger/safety/decoder system ever. I love pushing up on the safety to decock,Brilliant design. My wife assumed ownership of the first one so I bought another in desert tan and another in 45 ACP then Taurus discontinued the line as Taurus is want to do. I grew up shooting 1911's so I automatically take a high grip and thumb down safeties(real or imaginary)on all pistols. If you thumb down safeties on pistols that push down to decock you shoot all shots double action. I search for 24/7 DS,OSS and "tactical" series as these have the aforementioned trigger/safety/decocker design.
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

singleshotcajun wrote:RD,Does your MP decock?
Not on the Millenium Pro series. In the current production, the 24/7 Generation 2 Compact is as small as it gets (OAL is 6.6" and it weighs 27 oz.). The PT745 has an OAL of 5.2", weighs 21 oz, and as is a very thin pistol. I came from a Glock 36, a compact single stack 45 ACP, so I was used to nothing but the trigger pull. A safety took little training. Last Thanksgiving I was trying to adjust the oven door spring. It let loose and cut through the thumb of my firing had, severed everything but the bone. After the repair took, I have lost upward movement. I can disengage a safety but I must use the support hand thumb to re-engage.

The stock/trigger guard of the Glock 36 did not fit my hand. The conceal carry training I attend consumes 800 to 900 rounds over a long weekend and I felt like my second index finger was broke each time from the shape of where these two points meet. I took a lot of heat trying the Taurus pistol but you could not change get me to change now. I ended up with Millenium Pros in 32 ACP (super sweet pistol), 380 Auto, and 9mm Luger as well. The 9mm is the battle wagon most used in my semi-annual training as it is cheaper to feed. I have no idea how many rounds have been through that handgun but it is six digits. I shoot the 147-grain factory ammo through it.

I also have the Taurus TCP series, both 32 ACP and 380 Auto. I have another 25 ACP as well, the classic PT25. I did get a PT945 prior to the end of their run. It is an alloy frame 45 ACP with safety/decocker. A nice pistol but after carrying the polymer stuff it seems a bit heavy.

Finally, I had a OSS chambered in 45 ACP. My nephew is a police officer who loved the gun (I did too), I gave it to him for his carry.
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Ranch Dog wrote:If I am in the bad country, I want a 45 ACP, and my Taurus Millenium Pro PT745 is my choice. I actually replaced a Glock 36 with this arm as it fits me better. The performance of this handgun has been flawless. I liked it so much that when Taurus discontinued the current run of Millenium Pros for the G2, I bought another NIB and put it away for way down the road should I ever need a replacement.

All of them shoot cast bullets of my design.
I have to agree with you on the PT745. I had one for quite awhile and shot it a LOT. I had one problem with it. The slide release spring somehow jammed up the slide, but Taurus fixed it for me. That one was another I should have kept.

Another one I carry some is the SIG P238. There are times when my clothes require something minimal and that one is it. It has night sights and shoots really well for a tiny .380. It's also almost a mini 1911 and that suits me well.

At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Nice hand guns, very limited here in NZ and only at the range.
Picked up one more still want that early model.
KH
Rossi3.jpg
Rossi2.jpg
Rossi1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No one ever regrets buying quality
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm really diggin' rman's sig and kiwi's new rifle. I dropped the .380 from my collection 5-6 years ago when the decision was to pretty much return to the wheelgun roots .... but if a .380 was ever to be a consideration again, it would be the sig. And that stainless lever gun is an absolute beauty, but would be somewhat difficult for everyday carry :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Mr surveyor
It's my everyday carry here in NZ :lol:
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
singleshotcajun

Post by singleshotcajun »

Kiwi-Hunter wrote:Mr surveyor
It's my everyday carry here in NZ :lol:
KH
It worked for Lucas MCcain.Nice EDC one and all. My Wife's coach carries Her Sig 238 in a flash bang holster.
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
The performance of this handgun has been flawless. I liked it so much that when Taurus discontinued the current run of Millenium Pros for the G2, I bought another NIB and put it away for way down the road should I ever need a replacement.
Ditto on the earlier Taurus.

Carried most is my KelTec P32.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

It's too bad your government doesn't allow handguns to be carried kiwi-hunter, but I sure do admire your new Rossi!
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

When I'm out in the backcountry, or on a moto camping ride, I am am particularly partial to this short barreled .44 wheelgun, carried in a nylon pancake affair.

696 Colo Camp.jpg

In other circumstances, a SW 640 Centennial in pocket holster fills the bill
640swCenteninial.jpg
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith