So what is your day to day?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

So what is your day to day?

Post by akuser47 »

I was thinking. So what do you fine folks carry often. My daily is generally my kimber tactical II. My backup or primary is my g26 depending on needs of the day I only carry 3 12round mags for my 26. My Kimber I carry 6mags wilson combat my main mags the kimber mags are reliable but nothing like wilson mags. So what is your flavor. I carry small of back with g26. Kimber either a shoulder rig in cool weather. Or just plain n simple right hand hip or a cross draw. I use what I have in most cases my rigs have duct tape to make them work. Lol not much duct tape cannot fix.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: So what is your day to day?

Post by rman »

My most carried is a S&W 1911SC E Series. Sometimes I carry a S&W 1911ES or a Para USA OPS. Being an old revolver guy, occasionally I like to carry a 3" S&W Model 60. There are others, but these are the most frequently carried.

At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice
singleshotcajun

Post by singleshotcajun »

Back when I only did "commute" carry I carried either a Llama 1911 full sized .45 or a Tokerev. I was not willing to leave a expensive hand gun in a vehicle in public parking lots. My Wife and I have many pretty toys when it comes to hand guns but We have pretty much settled on our carry guns. Wife carries a Smith&Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm loaded with Hornady critical duty.The Shield is an amazing carry gun,it's light easy to shoot accurately and conceals very well. I may eventually go to one as it would be great to have commonality of magazines when we travel.We already have common ammo as two years ago I started carrying a 9mm. Hornady CD changed my mind on 9mm. For the last 18 months a SCCY CPX 2 has been riding in my pocket.The CPX 2 may as we'll be Russian designed , it is SIMPLE. The CPX has an internal hammer,long rather heavy trigger pull that feels like a nice double action revolver trigger much like a Smith 28. SCCY only makes two models,one with a safety and one without mine has no safety only the long double action pull with the internal hammer and that suits me just fine.The mags are double stacked and hold ten rounds.The receiver is aircraft aluminum and is pinned into a polymer frame,the barrel and slide are stainless steel,the weight is fourteen ounces. We shoot our carry guns monthly at a minimum and try to shoot the magazine that lives in the gun then load new for the next month but lately Hornady Critical duty is hard to find and very high dollar when you do find it.Image
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, I will need to look into other brands a little more. That russian pistol look interesting. Ive always.liked the hornady 158 xtp rounds. I load, I would rather have a factory load for ccw. Just to keep one less thing that feeds the antigun jackals in worst case scenario. So I practice with as close to factory as possible. And carry factory ammo in my .45 acp. I never hear of .45 acp trition hydra shocks anymore. Thats whats in the mags for her. Fresh old stock. Really old stock and seems not for sale anymore. So to xtps I will go. Have to order some in bulk. Dang if it wont cost a leg for it. Lol
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have a bunch of favorites but it pretty much boils down to these four.

Honestly, my little Taurus 25PLY (top) gets carried the most. Whoever designed this little 25 ACP knew what they were doing for pocket carry. The rounded front end on this pistol perfectly fits a pocket and always keeps the gun in presentation for draw.

The next inline, my Rossi 351 (38 Spl+P) has become a favorite, favorite. It is comfortable all day long with a very small footprint so it is very easy to keep covered.

If my travels are going to keep me out after dark, I always carry one of my handguns that have night sights. First choice is my CZ82. This is a military surplus pistol that I bought for around $160 and it shot so well that I had it completely rebuilt, parkerized, added kevlar grips, and topped it off with night sights.

If I am in the bad country, I want a 45 ACP, and my Taurus Millenium Pro PT745 is my choice. I actually replaced a Glock 36 with this arm as it fits me better. The performance of this handgun has been flawless. I liked it so much that when Taurus discontinued the current run of Millenium Pros for the G2, I bought another NIB and put it away for way down the road should I ever need a replacement.

All of them shoot cast bullets of my design.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I forgot about your cz rd that is sexy. also a good pics for carry.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:I forgot about your cz rd that is sexy. also a good pics for carry.
Thanks. Yeah, I really like that 9mm Makarov. A couple more pictures...

I carry it in a Fobus paddle...

The sights...

The ammo...

I had a kydex double magazine pouch molded for it but don't have a picture of it.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That is a really nice pistol.
AJMD429

Post by AJMD429 »

I really like my 45 ACP Para 'Officer' clone in the double-stack (12 round magazine :twisted: ) version. It is the middle one in the upper-left trio, and as you can see, compared to everything but the 22 rimfires, it is small enough to carry easily in various modes.