confessions of a plinker

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
evanbly

Re: confessions of a plinker

Post by evanbly »

I see that no one has touched this thread. Probably because I suggest a moderation that is not popular amongst gun owners.

But hay! We should be at the front of the line. We know the rules of gun safety, we know the power of guns, and we also know that some people should not have guns.

Recently a doctor in Las Vegas was found to have used the same medical equipment on multiple patients--and spreading a deadly hepatitis. In my book, other doctors should have been at the front of the line in kicking this doctor's butt. And that's the way I feel about gun control.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am old fashioned I like the phrase "eye for an eye". In any case this day and age not a plausible way of thinking. Sad that laws protect such bad people.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
singleshotcajun

Post by singleshotcajun »

I think the problem is that most of us believe that the lefts appetite for control, any and all control will never be sated. Harry Reid would have us believe that if we had mandatory private party back ground checks that the recent Las Vegas shooter would not have been able to purchase a gun because he is a convicted felon.
Lets just let that bounce around in our craniums for a minute or so………………..
The fact that he could not legally purchase a gun as a convicted felon did not stop him from procuring a firearm. Procuring a firearm was the first of many laws this criminal broke leading up to and including all the laws he broke that fateful day. One more law would not have stopped this tragedy. I do not for one minute believe the fantasy that the scum that provides firearms to convicted felons and gang members will voluntarily go to a FFL and do a background check on a firearm sale. God knows we have enough laws. If Eric Holder would only prosecute the shootings and killings in Chicago alone that would put a huge dent in gun violence.
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I'm late to this party, but I'll chime in. I have to state right up front that I do not favor any more gun laws. Most of our problems can be tracked to the failure of the mental health system in this country. Every state used to have at least one state-run facility for the mentally ill. These provided access to care regardless of the patients ability to pay. Now the states don't want to spend their tax money on psychiatric care. Our politically correct society believes these issues should be quietly handled by private psychiatric facilities, and no one wants to take responsibility for committing a dangerously ill person. Felons will always have access to guns as long as we don't secure our firearms at home. It's too easy for them to break in and take the pistol in the nightstand and the AR 15 from the the bedroom closet. When these felons with guns are arrested, they often are able to plea away the weapons charge and don't pay the price for their indiscretions. OK... I'm done preaching.

I too, confess to being a plinker. I can't think of anything that is much more fun than watching a clay pigeon disintegrate after a well-placed shot. I grew up on a farm in North Central Kansas. Unlike some of you, I was the only family member that had much interest in shooting. My dad did teach me safety and how to shoot however. My brother never showed any interest. My mother was deathly afraid of guns and it was difficult to get past that. I got my Daisy Red Rider despite my mother's protests when I was 10. My dad paid me a nickel for every English Sparrow, starling and pigeon I killed in the barn and that kept me in BB's. I had a brand new Winchester 67A .22 bolt action single shot under the Christmas tree when I was 12. We had a small orchard and mom canned a lot of fruit for pies, etc. The squirrels loved to bite into her favorite peaches before they were ripe. She paid me a quarter for every one I shot with the .22 and that assured I always had a plentiful supply of .22 ammo. Cottontails were abundant and between them and the squirrels, we had a lot of tasty meals. Jack rabbits were also plentiful and they taught me how to hit targets on the run. I spent most of my life shooting rifles and handguns and handloading for them. Somewhere in about my early 40s I lost my way and pretty much abandoned shooting. I started up again after about a 20 year hiatus and have been shooting a lot ever since. I've never been very good with a shotgun, but really enjoy shooting single and double action revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. I'm also a big fan of bolt, lever and semi-auto rifles. In the Spring, Summer and Fall I spend an average of 3 days a week at the outdoor range. During the Winter, most of my shooting is done at the indoor range. I can't image my world without guns and shooting.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
singleshotcajun

Post by singleshotcajun »

This may not be the right place for it but I need to brag on my Wife. Yesterday my Wife took Her CHL (Concealed Handgun License)class and She missed one question on the test and shot a 244 out of a possible 250. Mrs Cajun's score in the shooting portion and the written test were the highest scores in her class. I love my plinking Wife and God Bless Texas.
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

singleshotcajun wrote:This may not be the right place for it but I need to brag on my Wife. Yesterday my Wife took Her CHL (Concealed Handgun License)class and She missed one question on the test and shot a 244 out of a possible 250. Mrs Cajun's score in the shooting portion and the written test were the highest scores in her class. I love my plinking Wife and God Bless Texas.
Outstanding!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

singleshotcajun wrote:This may not be the right place for it but I need to brag on my Wife. Yesterday my Wife took Her CHL (Concealed Handgun License)class and She missed one question on the test and shot a 244 out of a possible 250. Mrs Cajun's score in the shooting portion and the written test were the highest scores in her class. I love my plinking Wife and God Bless Texas.
That is great!
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

That's great! A log more women are shooting and getting their CHLs nowadays. Even more should - I wish I could get my wife to shoot.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
evanbly

Post by evanbly »

My wife doesn't need a gun--she shoots with her tongue. And boy! Is she accurate. She can take down an ego from 5o yards. Of course, after 47 years of marriage, she's got my ego in her left pocket. In Spanish it's "Que Su Dice." that's, "what you say." I suppose you could say I'm domesticated. But Hay! I still manage to put up a fight.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

evanbly wrote:My wife doesn't need a gun--she shoots with her tongue. And boy! Is she accurate. She can take down an ego from 5o yards. Of course, after 47 years of marriage, she's got my ego in her left pocket. In Spanish it's "Que Su Dice." that's, "what you say." I suppose you could say I'm domesticated. But Hay! I still manage to put up a fight.

mrs surv can barley say taco (she's originally from Nashville), but other than that she has the same attributes .... and we've only been married 41 years. I have no ego, whatever that is. :lol:

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!