These Biscuits are getting out of hand

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

These Biscuits are getting out of hand

Post by donhuff »

So, after talking the other day, bout cheese warmed in coffee like my dad use to do. I had to cook up another batch yesterday to give it a try. Ha!! was I surprised that it works like a charm.

Cut you a nice thick slice and balance it on your fork and dunk it into your cup of HOT coffee. My Mr. Coffee pot wont get coffee hotter than a toddlers bath water. So I have to put the pot on the stove to jack it up a little.
Ever so often raise the cheese up to make sure it's not getting too soft and oozing through the fork prongs. When it starts to sag a little, move it into your fresh hot biscuit and I just had to top it out with a couple of slices of crunchy fried bacon. "Dang, that's pretty good, and the cheese is soft" and there's just a little hint of the coffee flavor mixed in there too. The wife thought it looked good so she gave it a try. But I don't think hers would be the same after melting in that "warm milk shake" she calls coffee!

I then had to load one up with jelly and bacon for dessert.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: These Biscuits are getting out of hand

Post by akuser47 »

Mmm looks really good
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

that looks great. My wife never drank coffee, but she loves the smell and likes the mild coffee flavor in some things. I bet she would like the hint of coffee in the biscuit cheese. I don't mind a touch of milk or cream(er) in coffee sometimes, especially "institutional type coffee", but probably wouldn't care for "cheesed" coffee. For the breakfast cheese treat, I'd probably keep a dedicated cheese dipping cup of coffee on the side that can be temped up in the nuke box if necessary.

You just keep on showing those perfectly fried eggs with bacon and biscuits and one of these days .... when I move to Alaska 2 time zones West .... I'm going to get up early enough in the morning to justify a real breakfast every day. Man, that looks good.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

JD,
We don't eat like that very often. She will eat a yogurt in the mornings and I usually just wait till around lunch time and eat a samwich.

Not saying there's anything wrong with a LITTLE creamer, but half a cup.....well, that aint coffee.

Yeah, the oil floating in the coffee looked awful. But I had to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised when the coffee now had no bitterness what so ever, and just a light hint of cheese flavor.

Yes, I got the eggs right this time. Got an "attaboy" from the warden.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I'm going to call mrs surv to put in my order for fried eggs, bacon, her "drop biscuits", sausage gravy, grits and whatever else she wants to throw together for supper tonight. We've cooked the "big breakfast" style for supper more in the last 40+ years than for breakfast. After the first year of wedded bliss she discovered I was NOT an early riser, except for special events, so she stopped cooking the early morning big breakfast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Beautiful pics!

I forward this thread to my kids to give them some ideas for Father's day.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Man, does that looks good!

Glad to see this food talk continuing. For me, everything that happens out here on my place ultimately influences the plate. My Rossi's are part of this. If I were to dedicate a forum to these subjects, just exactly would be a good forum category to place it in?
Michael