How many guns do you own?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Tazman1602

Re: How many guns do you own?

Post by Tazman1602 »

I'd hate to admit. My wife likes guns just as much and maybe more than I do so that makes it tough to sell any. I only have one or two...........................if I had more I wouldn't advertise it on an internet forum most likely watched by the fibbies.............

Art

PS -- Need another gun safe........................<grin>
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

How many guns do I own? Trick question? The answer is and will always be, NOT ENOUGH! +guns
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

+1
Arktikos wrote:How many guns do I own? Trick question? The answer is and will always be, NOT ENOUGH! +guns
:lol: :lol: well put and so true +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I get the odd rush when spotting a new gun but it fades quick.
I've bought & sold hundreds of guns over the years & boiled the sap down to the syrup so that I finally have a core collection of all the guns I really liked.
The newfangled guns like that ridiculous tacti-cool Mossberg 464 & the ARs have never & still don't turn me on.
I've wanted a Browning BLR in 450 Marlin for years & finally last year a good deal presented itself.
I think the purchase of the BLR 450 is "the cherry on the sundae" & I now have all the guns I want for the rest of my days.
I own close to 4 dozen rifles & the Good Lord in his infinite wisdom gave me 2 hands so all the bases have been covered. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote:I get the odd rush when spotting a new gun but it fades quick.
I've bought & sold hundreds of guns over the years & boiled the sap down to the syrup so that I finally have a core collection of all the guns I really liked.
The newfangled guns like that ridiculous tacti-cool Mossberg 464 & the ARs have never & still don't turn me on.
I've wanted a Browning BLR in 450 Marlin for years & finally last year a good deal presented itself.
I think the purchase of the BLR 450 is "the cherry on the sundae" & I now have all the guns I want for the rest of my days.
I own close to 4 dozen rifles & the Good Lord in his infinite wisdom gave me 2 hands so all the bases have been covered. :mrgreen:
Growing up in Fairbanks, we had lots of guns in our household, actually at the peak there was 36 if I remember right. We shot a lot of revolvers and shotguns, with the bolt actions used for hunting moose. Curiously there wasn't a lever in the bunch. We had a 50 foot "range" in the basement with a bullet trap which we shot and re shot the same batch of lead countless times over the long winters with my oldest brother casting new 44 and 38 cal to shoot yet again. I had a S&W model 29 right about the time Dirty Harry graced our local theater and somehow it elevated my status among the others of my age.. We did hunt every fall if you can call it that. More like harvest as moose when they are as plentiful as they were in the 60's didn't take a lot of keen hunting skills to get one. It was more just a lotta work from the time the trigger was pulled until it was butchered in our garage and put it in the freezers. Anyway after I flew the coop I got more interested in motorcycles, cars, and the guns sorta got sold off bit by bit and except for an occasional shot gun or semi auto I haven't owned very much since. I think I was just bored with guns because I hadn't been introduced to leverguns. Anyway those are now my main interest, that and I have taking a liking to Ruger SA revolvers. Funny I had an old model SBH back when I was still at home but that thing never got any respect from me because the S&W 44 mag had gone Hollywood and it was just too cool at least in my 16 year old brain. Now give me the Ruger thank you! +guns
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Arktikos wrote:How many guns do I own? Trick question? The answer is and will always be, NOT ENOUGH! +guns
+1 +1 +1
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Down here in Peru enough revolvers so my wife will never have to run to another room to make the situation even. A short barreled Mossy for wabbits, a 44WCF Winchester made in 09, and a CZ caliber .308 to shoot up all the Peruvian Army surplas the majors sell off to finance the general's fiestas. Making a matchlock right now but will be a couple months till it looks like a smoke pole.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.

Post by 0369 »

I whole heartedly agree with Arktikos and Pricedo. I used to have the latest greatest guns I could afford for long range, service match, bench rest, etc. but always liked the classics. I would rather have a SAA and a lever gun than a AR and polymer semi auto. I still have some newer designs such as Springfield XDs, ARs and others, but I'd much rather shoot a classic. I'd take a High Wall over any newer rifle any day, and a revolver over a semi auto twice per day.
Every gun I have has it's place, but the classics will always be at the front of the line.