For those wondering where I've been

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

For those wondering where I've been

Post by joec »

Well folks I just signed a deal on a house on a 1500 acre dairy farm. Now I'm not buying it but retiring to it. I will turn over my business to my grand daughter and her husband by the end of June. They will move into our apartment in July while we move to our digs in Russell Springs Kentucky. Below is a picture of the house entrance and a satellite view of it from above with the GPS coordinates for those that might like to visit.

The house is 3 bedroom 2 bath with basement running full size of the house, 2 car garage, large kitchen, dinning room, laundry room and living room.

Now, so far it looks like I beat the lung cancer this time, however only time will tell. I am planing on living out the rest of my life regardless doing what I want when I want. This place give me full run of both hunting and shooting areas, 4 miles from one of the largest lakes in Kentucky for fishing or boating etc. and close enough to both towns and Lexington if need be.
Russel Springs Home 1.jpg
Aerial View of Russell Springs Home.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: For those wondering where I've been

Post by donhuff »

Hey Joe, I have been wondering where you got off to. I was a little worried because you had been away so long.

Good to hear you're doing well!

Not buying, but retiring...............I'm not sure how you do that but good luck with it. 1500 acres ought to be enough to do anything you could ever want to do.

"For those that might want to visit" that sounds interesting.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

donhuff wrote:Hey Joe, I have been wondering where you got off to. I was a little worried because you had been away so long.

Good to hear you're doing well!

Not buying, but retiring...............I'm not sure how you do that but good luck with it. 1500 acres ought to be enough to do anything you could ever want to do.

"For those that might want to visit" that sounds interesting.
I am simply not buying the house but renting it for a real low price. I also have the run of more than the initial 1500 acres but a few thousand more the landlord owns most of which is woods with free hunting. Also the road marked 3525 is a straight 4 mile run to the largest lake in Kentucky. He has a pretty large dairy farm by the way so simple rule don't shoot his cows. :mrgreen: I just don't want to buy more and live on as little as possible now like social security for my wife and I only.
Joe
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Congratulations on the retirement Uncle Joe ..... what does an out of state hunting license cost ..... where can I set up my tent .... anything you want me to bring from Texas for the family reunion?

signed

Your Long Lost Nephew

:D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

mr surveyor wrote:Congratulations on the retirement Uncle Joe ..... what does an out of state hunting license cost ..... where can I set up my tent .... anything you want me to bring from Texas for the family reunion?

signed

Your Long Lost Nephew

:D
I have no idea what an out of state license would cost, for that matter I don't know what it will cost me even. :mrgreen: As for a place to set up you tent that shouldn't be a problem at all.
Joe
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Good for you Joe!!! Live life to the fullest....

Looks and sounds like you found a little slice of heaven on earth. Plenty of space to shoot at cans or just take your gun for a walk.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Kiwi-Hunter

Post by Kiwi-Hunter »

Hi Joe
Nice to do something else in your own time, enjoy the years you have in retirement.
1500 should give some plinking room and a basement running full size of the house, nothing like having a big reloading room.
KH
No one ever regrets buying quality
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

congrats joe hope you keep us posted to your ins and outs. good to hear all is well
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to see that you are back Joe and it looks like you have been busy! Looks like you have arranged a very nice setup and I wish the best! I hope this means that you will have more shooting stories to share!
Michael
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Awesome!