Mini-Chat

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mini-Chat

Post by Ranch Dog »

I added a "chat box" mainly to see if I could figure it out from the coding side. Guess I will see if there is any use for it over the next month. The main thing that I see against it is if there ends up being a discussion of stuff that could and should be stored under the various forum sections. In chat there would be no way to search the info in the future.

"Chat" will not be visible with Tapatalk. Please take a moment to click on the chat rules button before use.
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Mini-Chat

Post by mr surveyor »

Hey RD

did KiwiHunter and I break the chat board last night, or is it down from all the maintenance you had to do last night?

I don't know about KH, but it's been said that I could tear up a railroad track with a rubber hammer :lol:

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:Hey RD

did KiwiHunter and I break the chat board last night, or is it down from all the maintenance you had to do last night?

I don't know about KH, but it's been said that I could tear up a railroad track with a rubber hammer :lol:

JD
No JD, just had a upgrade that needed to be accomplished and it takes me quite awhile to work through all the files as a lot of the features I've added to the forum have to be rewritten. I've been at it about two days straight and have at least another day before everything is finished.
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I figured it was tied to the maintenance work. I noticed the last couple of nights you were logged on at around 0100. Not many folks realize the amount of work it takes to keep one of these sites up and running. Thank you for making it available to us all.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I appreciate your comments, thanks, & you're welcome!

I just finished up, great feeling. I'm tired of looking at bites & bits!
Michael