Another New Yorker

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Geopher

Another New Yorker

Post by Geopher »

Hello, thank you for this forum. I enjoy hunting and target shooting. As a senior citizen, I am getting a little recoil shy and I am excited about the Rossi Wizard's interchangeable barrels with choices like 44 magnum, 7.62X39 and muzzle loaders. About a week ago I picked up a Wizard in 30-06, which I expected to be a bruiser in a light weight single shot rifle, but I wanted to start somewhere and the 30-06 had been my favorite hunting round for many years. I took it out back and fired off a few rounds to try it out and was very pleasantly surprised. The trigger pull was nice and crisp, but the stock was a good fit and with the recoil pad, it tamed the 30-06 down to enjoyable. The other day I mounted a Bushnell scope on it and will take it to a locale rifle range for a more thorough test drive. As time goes on, I would like to add different barrels in various calibers however the supply seems to be somewhat limited right now, hopefully that will change.
Happy Mothers Day to any moms out there.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another New Yorker

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good morning Geopher and welcome to the forum. I just sold a 44 Mag Wizard, it was a very good shooting rifle but I just was not using it on a regular basis. I've been cleaning out the safe over the last couple of years, rifles that I haven't been shooting.

You might set up a search with email notification on GunBroker, something like "Wizard 762", as the 7.62x39 has not been available since shortly after the Wizard was introduced. With the series being discontinued in 2013, there will not be any new barrels available, you will need to depend on "new, old stock" or used barrels. As far as the muzzleloader, I'm pretty sure the were never produced. Same with the 357 Mag, 454 Casull, and slug barrels.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Geopher

Post by Geopher »

Thank you for the info. I will post on gunbroker.
Elwood717

Post by Elwood717 »

Welcome from Oklahoma.