Visually Mark Low Power vs High Power Reloads

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Visually Mark Low Power vs High Power Reloads

Post by Trailboss »

Archer wrote:I've always heard that cougars were smart enough to know rather rapidly when they were dead.

I've also heard a couple rumors of folks being stalked at the range who decided to protect themselves missing a cougar in spite of the number of shooters and amount of lead tossed toward it.

Here in CA since the tree huggers put them in the protected category we are pretty over run with them.
Hundreds of pets, more livestock than anyone wants to admit and a handful of children, cyclist and/or joggers seem to disappear each year. A few years ago one attack lead to the discovery of a body from a previous attack.
In general, I've seen members of the cat family go down quickly if hit with a well placed shot. They don't seem tough to kill. However, some folks do refer to them as ghosts because they seem to vanish at times. I've witnessed that. They're pretty fast and stealthy. If tree huggers get their way, we'll all have dangerous critters out of control.

Archer, do they allow self defense shooting of cougar in California?
Aim small, miss small.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've heard of one or two incidences that have worked out that way.
In general however it is frowned upon.
MT Gianni

Post by MT Gianni »

Red fingernail polish across the primer means they were loaded with Red Dot and are target speed loads. Green is medium and white is hot.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

mr surveyor wrote:I use various colors of magic markers and color code the primers. Also add the primer color note to the load data card that rides in the ammo box.
I do the same thing, but use the indelible ink markers instead - red for heavy loads, green for light ones.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Model 52 »

I don't trust sharpie ink to stay put.

I use Winchester primers (brass) for the mild loads and CCI (nickel plated) for the Ruger only loads.