S&W 329 NG

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Ninety Caliber

S&W 329 NG

Post by Ninety Caliber »

At Last! Got my Night Guard out of lay-away, woo hoo! I am PUMPED.

Airweight .44 mag. Scandium frame with steel cylinder.
N.C.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: S&W 329 NG

Post by Archer »

YeeK!

Nice gun!
I doubt I'll ever go there but I've been thinking a 4" 629 to go with my 6" and 6.5" 44s might be an idea.

I have a buddy with one of the 44 lightweights who's had to send it back at least once for cutting through the flame shield. Be aware and keep an eye on it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice looking handgun!
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I have been lusting for a .44 spl daily carry gun myself. My line of work takes me to some pretty varied environments that makes a sidearm very comforting. When younger, my brushing machete was more that adequate for the "no shoulders" we encountered. As I got a little older and less enthused with the adrenlin rush I started carrying a .22 revolver with snake shot. When the feral hogs started becoming a possible issue I started carrying various j frame .38 spl's with snake shot and hard ball. When I learned that a .38 spl was near useless on a frontal head shot on a hog I started carrying an SP101 .357 mag. Now that I'm over 60 and still busting through the bottom lands (not quite as vigorously as I "usta could"), I'm thinking bigger would be better..... I can't retire, so I have to do some (hopefully) long term planning.

How well does that 329 carry? How many of my grandkids would I have to give up in trade? :lol:

Nice gun, and the .44 spl is certainly on my wish list.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ninety Caliber

Post by Ninety Caliber »

mr surveyor wrote:I have been lusting for a .44 spl daily carry gun myself. My line of work takes me to some pretty varied environments that makes a sidearm very comforting. When younger, my brushing machete was more that adequate for the "no shoulders" we encountered. As I got a little older and less enthused with the adrenlin rush I started carrying a .22 revolver with snake shot. When the feral hogs started becoming a possible issue I started carrying various j frame .38 spl's with snake shot and hard ball. When I learned that a .38 spl was near useless on a frontal head shot on a hog I started carrying an SP101 .357 mag. Now that I'm over 60 and still busting through the bottom lands (not quite as vigorously as I "usta could"), I'm thinking bigger would be better..... I can't retire, so I have to do some (hopefully) long term planning.

How well does that 329 carry? How many of my grandkids would I have to give up in trade? :lol:

Nice gun, and the .44 spl is certainly on my wish list.

JD

Lol mine was $980 plus tax. Carries really nice got an N frame. .44 spec or mag.....what's not to like?
N.C.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice I have a 386NG
here is mine in hogue grips The trigger on mine is absolutly amazing stock trigger.
it came with these decelarater grips takes the bit out of hot loads
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

with that lightweight frame I'd probably still be loading in mag brass to avoid the "crud rings", but closer to special velocities. I bet a close fitting, high ride pancake holster would make it comfortable and very concealable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Yep thats what i do slightly hot .38special loads in mag brass to avoid carbon rings. Def. Post ur range sessions with her op
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!