92 in .45 Colt

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
djr46

92 in .45 Colt

Post by djr46 »

I own a mod 92 in .45 Colt. Having trouble understanding how to fix a problem I'm having.
With a loaded mag/tube, the rifle will Not allow a cartridge to slide onto the ramp that pops up and loads it into the chamber when I pull the lever into its closed position.

I have to "jiggle" the cartridge showing in the mag tube and then it jumps onto the ramp.

Then and only then can I chamber a round.....

Could this be ammo related?

Needless to say, Aggravating!!!!!
Help.....
DJ
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 in .45 Colt

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I understand your frustration First have you ever flushed the gun I mean actaully take the mag spring and follower out remove rear stock and use nonchlorintaed break cleaner too flush mag tube barrel and then action until nothing but clean cleaner flows out work the action a bit as you spray it. Then let it dry takes a few minutes then relube all mag tube barrel and action. Also make sure the screws on your reciever are tight as well. Is this a recent event or did the gun work before.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
djr46

Post by djr46 »

New gun. Haven't cleaned tube.
Do I remove end cap, spring, and plug, and start there?
djr46

Post by djr46 »

Remove rear stock?
Tough to do?
DJ
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

The screw at end of mag tube holds the spring in by mag tube cap hold onto it it will send it flying. Dump spring and follwer out. Then remove rear buttstock srews.in the tang and pull off very simple a good flush an lube solves alot of trouble do the flush outside. Fumes n dirty . there are some teardown stickies above in this forum should help keep us posted.
djr46

Post by djr46 »

Thanks and will let you know....
djr46

Post by djr46 »

OK........
I cleaned the mag tube thoroughly and found the plastic follower to have a rough/raised edge along the open, top side. Smoothed that out with a nail file. It runs freely up and down the mag tube with a min of wobble.
NOW... I load 6 on the tube after Reinstallation of everything.

Sitting at my bench, I am unable to cycle live rounds into chamber And eject them, carefully of course.

I tried several brand of ammo and got feeding issues Most of the time.

I load 6 and take it outside and Shoot it. Functioned PERFECTLY!!!!

Is recoil making it function?????

I'm confused....

What do you think? Did I stumble On to something??
DJ
MuckyPup

Post by MuckyPup »

Did you flush the action out with break cleaner too, and relube with remoil or something like it?
djr46

Post by djr46 »

Flushed and added break free as lube, but lightly.....follower slides easily up and down tube where as it was "sticking" before clean out.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

If you have dummy rounds I have an idea load them into rifle or do this at your range. pull trigger dropping hammer to see if the force releases another round onto the elevator. My dads does this I put 10 .357 mag dummy rounds into it. It would only release rounds to elevator once the hammer dropped. So in reality it worked fine never a problem when actaully shooting it was the trying to cycle without dry fireing that caused his issues maybe yours is the same. Keep us posted.