That was fast

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

That was fast

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Powder valley showed Bullseye and Unique in stock at 6:22 pm today. By 6:52 pm it was sold out. You have to be like a western gun fighter when components show in stock..... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: That was fast

Post by akuser47 »

Yea I have been noticeing this with bulk rimfire ammo online as well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Amazing how things are not letting up!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I know rimfire ammo .22 short through .17hmr never on shelf locally and online only around at to high cost. componets not much better I've been looking for once fired .357 mag brass and not having any luck finding a good price I guess when the range water goes down I will have to free up some of my brass. lol I forgot I did get some mini mags recently so first time I've seen qaulity cci on shelf in over two years. Rimfire guns prices have been falling because noone wants a gun they cannot get ammo for. My local wally has plenty of almost everything else to shot.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've got about 500 rounds left for three rifles. I think that when I run out I will just sell the rifles. I can cast for and reload the 218 Bee, 25-20 Win, and 32-20 Win for less than the prices I've seen mentioned online. No comparison of shelf ammo, haven't been any for 4 or 5 years here.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Same with Brass at Starline... you hessitate to count the quarters and that is way to much time.
Happily we can Backorder some items and get them before the long tooth fishes strike.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

I stopped by my dealers yesterday to prepare him for a rifle he will be shipping for me. The small shop was a bit crowded and all available seats were taken. As I waited my turn and looked around I noticed some CCI Mini Mags. These are the 40 gr. bullets. I had been looking for some of these for a while now and here is a stack of them on the counter. I wanted to try these HV 22's to see if they left any rams standing so I bought all the ones that were in the protective card sleeves, 2,000. Those should hold me for a while. I think my knees got just a bit weak when he told me the price but I have seen these much higher in other places.

Now, on to complete my quest for new eyes! Or second choice, miracle aperture sights that never get fuzzy, hazy, or let part of the target fade away right before my eyes.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Shop I hang out at got a case of CCI Standard Velocity this past week.
Longest I've seen .22s last is a couple days when they got two cases of 550 Federal bulk packs.
One of my buds had the last box and gave it up to a Air Force guy in uniform looking for some to shoot with his kid. Mostly limited to a couple boxes per customer but one guy got the limit both days. He'd also purchased a 1911 Sig and a M&P 308 in the past month or three.

I bought two cases of CCI SV for a couple target pistols before the rush and have almost that much HV in various manufactures for plinking out of the Henry and the Ruger. IF I see it at a good price I'll buy but I'm NOT paying scalper prices. I've picked up a couple bulk packs from time to time for my buddy with a SR22 that his daughter loves to shoot.

Another bud got the last box at Walmart 550 Federal Sunday around NOON. The three folks in front of him were also buying .22s.

As long a folks are willing to pay 2-5 times retail on the stuff from the scalpers it isn't going to show back up on the shelves much.
bonefamily

Post by bonefamily »

The wife just called and said she just found and bought a 555 round box of Winchester at Wally's this morning. She said it was the last one on the shelf, but this has been the only one we have seen there in a loooong time.