Hunter Being Rolled By A Hog

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Mrlucky353

Hunter Being Rolled By A Hog

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Video of hunter getting rolled by a hog:

The hunter sounds like he is speaking French.
While I do not know the exact literal translation of his words, I think his meaning is clear.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 05 Mar 2014 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into new topic, not related to shooting a R762
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hunter Being Rolled By A Hog

Post by akuser47 »

Yea if your not careful the hogs will gore you good. Like RD does Well placed shots and being very cautious serves well. My uncle has lost many good dogs to hogs. He had a pitbull that he lost that stayed by his side and she got gored in the throat. and died not before she shelly put the boar down herself he had the hog mounted in her honor.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re:Hunter Being Rolled By A Hog

Post by pricedo »

I don't want no posthumously mounted placque with my name on it on no hog or bear.
Good remedy for that is to hit the target the first time every time and if you're not sure you can and you're not in or close to safe refuge (a tree) don't pull the trigger.
Best place if you miss on the ground and the hog gets nasty is beside a big tree with lots of branches so you can climb fast.
That strategy doesn't work too well if the critter is a bear........contrary to rumor even the Grizzlies will climb when they're feeling really grumpy and want to eat you and that's most of the time.
Last edited by pricedo on 05 Mar 2014 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:I don't want no posthumously mounted placque with my name on it on no hog or bear.
Good remedy for that is to hit the target the first time every time and if you're not sure you can don't pull the trigger.
my uncle dropped his rifle after getting of his atv bending his scope mount, he stood as the hog took notice and took said shot hitting it in hind qauters thus in no way stopping the sow protecting it's piglets shelly went down defending her owner like any faithful dog should. Sad but she may have saved his life. If my uncle had not been into his own home made liqour this may not have happened. My uncle as much hillbilly as he is, stands a terminater when in west virginia he killed a black bear with an axe as he was chopping wood he is kinda nuts but still family. he was splitting wood and was smoking meat in the fall the bears smell it he thought he was clear left his .44 mag pistol on the atv to not in cumber his axe swing. the bear is a rug now in his man cave with labatts keg tap in the den.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

You have more salvation with a hog than a bear.
An hog is not too quick in the up direction.
A bear can run, swim, and climb much faster than a man.
If your gun is disabled you're dun fer.
That's why I use QD mounts on my bear guns so a damaged scope can be dismounted quick to enable use of the iron sights which I never remove from any gun I use in the wilderness.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote: If my uncle had not been into his own home made liqour this may not have happened.
When you're drinking you'll likely see 3 hogs in place of one.......the rule of thumb is.........if you're drinking beer shoot the one on the left ......if you're drinking wine shoot the one in the middle.......if you're drinking whiskey shoot the one on the right.

No that's BS...........you shouldn't drink & hunt. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
akuser47 wrote: If my uncle had not been into his own home made liqour this may not have happened.
When you're drinking you'll likely see 3 hogs in place of one.......the rule of thumb is.........if you're drinking beer shoot the one on the left ......if you're drinking wine shoot the one in the middle.......if you're drinking whiskey shoot the one on the right.

No that's BS...........you shouldn't drink & hunt. :mrgreen:
he was into his own corn whiskey at this time a busines just started before it failed and many went stateside in the wash of it. He still swears if it had been a cleaner liqiuor it would had been different and his pit wouild still be alive. lol I know btter though I would never raise a fist to argue this point with him he is the father I never new. regardless of his shortcominings.