Mossberg MVP predator

A bucket for anything that does not fit the above forum categories, both longgun and handgun.
Flynnismydog

Mossberg MVP predator

Post by Flynnismydog »

Hi guys; just started looking at the mossberg MVP predator and was wondering if any of you had any experience with them. I love the look of them and i think it would be perfect for sniping rabbits at 300 meters. :)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mossberg MVP predator

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is an interesting rifle. They had announced the "Patrol" in 300 Blackout but I see that it is no longer in the cartridge dropdown box. I was interested in it but...
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I have read it is decent for the money but aftermarket support is lagging for it so if you get it plan on it being the way it is at least until or if it catches on. I would suggest looking for a used in good shape remy 700 or savage both of which are like ar15's in that there is endless options to modify. The model 70 winchester is also gtg if you can find a low priced goood one. keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The shop I hang out at sold two of them last week with the 18.5" bull barrels.
Seems to be a reasonably solid little gun. A little heavy in the barrel for the length but that isn't much of a detriment. Can't say how accurate it will be.

I think I might prefer the longer barrel or maybe fluted but then I've got several heavier guns currently.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

they have good reports check it out on snipers hide and ar15.com but upgrade wise it is not there in after market not yet i like after market option on my toys though the r92 is the odd one out in this lol
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I don't own one but did see a number of complaints. One complaint was terrible Customer Service. Everything from don't stick your finger in the Mag well unless you want to cut your finger off to bad fitting parts like screws that are way to short to won't pick up the next round from the mag because it was fitted wrong.

If you want one, I say go for it...... My opinion is all brands of what I call working man guns are produced with lots of fit and finish issues. If someone is looking for a work of art better get your wallet out and be prepared to pay.

The home gunsmith trade is the fastest growing industry in the country..... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It all sounds familiar, doesn't it?
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

How about it..... :lol: One day I hope to log on and see a post where someone says this is just ridicules..... I bought this or that and everything is perfect it shoots a single hole at 100 yds with my eyes closed. That's the day I quit and start collecting stamps from third world countries..... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:I don't own one but did see a number of complaints. One complaint was terrible Customer Service. Everything from don't stick your finger in the Mag well unless you want to cut your finger off to bad fitting parts like screws that are way to short to won't pick up the next round from the mag because it was fitted wrong.

If you want one, I say go for it...... My opinion is all brands of what I call working man guns are produced with lots of fit and finish issues. If someone is looking for a work of art better get your wallet out and be prepared to pay.

The home gunsmith trade is the fastest growing industry in the country..... :lol:
well put tuco just like in the movie the good the bad the ugly in the gun shop after his desert survival he says revolvers the first ones on top of display were junk and tuco pushed to the the floor "revolvers " he proclaims the the shop keep shows his better ones, and yet tuco still tears apart the navy and army revovlers to switch parts till he likes it. lol
Flynnismydog

Post by Flynnismydog »

Thanks for the replies guys i thought I had made my mind up and was going to buy a savage but I couldn't part with the cash on a rifle I found so ugly. I love the cz full stock but I would like a 1-9 twist. Maybe I am being too picky. :)