The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Now you may find this strange coming from me Tuco Ramirez..... :lol: I am on the second half of a 16 hour shift at work and I like to bring up netflix on one of the other office computers for background sound. Hey its 02:48 am I need all the help I can get... :lol:

So I fire up netflix and low and behold there is my all time favorite move. I figure yes this is just what the doctor ordered!! The movie is playing and I hear and see parts that I have never seen before. I look and think WTH? Where did that come from that part was not in the movie. I know this movie like the back of my hand. So I do a quick search of mulitable versions of it and was shocked to find out there was an uncut version I had never seen before. In 2003 Blondie and Tuco returned to the studio to add their voices to the parts that had been cut out in 1966 edited version. Netflix is showing the full uncut verison if you are like me and had no idea there was such a thing...

I better get home and work on my 45-70 because today is my lucky day!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is Tuco's lucky day!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I love that movie as well as two mules for sister sara and joe kid, fist full of dollars are on ther as well. I didn't know it was an uncut version though. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

The following scenes were originally deleted by distributors from the British and American theatrical versions of the film, but were restored after the release of the 2004 Special Edition DVD.[35]

During his search for Bill Carson, Angel Eyes stumbles upon an embattled Confederate outpost after a massive artillery bombardment. Once there, after witnessing the wretched conditions of the survivors, he bribes a Confederate NCO (Víctor Israel) for clues about Bill Carson.
The sequence with Tuco and Blondie crossing the desert has been extended: Tuco mentally tortures a severely dehydrated Blondie by eating and drinking in front of him.
Tuco, transporting a dehydrated Blondie, finds a Confederate camp whose occupants tell him that Brother Ramirez's monastery is nearby.
Tuco and Blondie discuss their plans when departing in a wagon from Brother Ramirez's monastery.
A scene where Blondie and Angel Eyes are resting by a creek when a man appears and Blondie shoots him. Angel Eyes asks the rest of his men to come out (all are hidden as well). When the five men come out, Blondie counts them (including Angel Eyes), and concludes that six is the perfect number. Angel Eyes asks him why, mentioning that he had heard that three was the perfect number. Blondie responds that six is the perfect number, because he has six bullets left in his revolver.
The sequence with Tuco, Blondie and the Union Captain has been extended: the Captain asks for their names, which they are reluctant to answer.
A scene deleted by Leone after the Rome premiere was also re-inserted:

After being betrayed by Blondie, surviving the desert on his way to civilization and assembling a good revolver from the parts of worn-out guns being sold at a general store, Tuco meets with members of his gang in a distant cave, where he conspires with them to hunt and kill Blondie.
Additional footage of the sequence where Tuco is tortured by Angel Eyes's henchman was discovered. The original negative of this footage was deemed too badly damaged to be used in the theatrical cut, but the footage appears as an extra in the 2004 DVD supplementary features.

Lost footage of the missing Socorro Sequence where Tuco continues his search for Blondie in a Texican pueblo while Blondie is in a hotel room with a Mexican woman (Silvana Bacci) is reconstructed with photos and unfinished snippets from the French trailer. Also, in the documentary "Reconstructing The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," what looks to be footage of Tuco lighting cannons before the Ecstasy of Gold sequence appears briefly. None of these scenes or sequences appear in the 2004 re-release, however, but are in the supplementary features.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
And here I was already to read about 3 different Rossi's... Might as well see if there is any pizza about to read on.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.