92 sling attachment for .44 mag

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: 92 sling attachment for .44 mag

Post by pricedo »

Recycle & reuse.
I have a coupla slings made from the high quality leather straps salvaged from worn out computer bags and carry luggage similar to the Doherty sling.
Works for me. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

This guy is a veteran and makes a great paracord sling if that would http://www.ebay.com/usr/unvbill intrest you. He is on Ebay
Caribouriver

Post by Caribouriver »

Thanks for all your suggestions. It looks like a 50/50 success rate for the Uncle Mike 13912 clamp on. There is another Uncle Mike's 13312 that is a full band (.645"-.660") design rather than a clamp on. If I can get it on it may be sturdier. I have an Amish 1" leather sling ($20) that I think will look good. I just have to decide on the swivel system. Any of you tried the full band tube sling mount?
LRP

Post by LRP »

I thought I would give this side sling a try. I machined a stainless stud and silvered solder it to the barrel
clamp.
this is my jig to hold things in place
ImageUploaded at Snapagogo.com

Caribouriver

Post by Caribouriver »

Thank you all for the suggestions and photos. It has boiled down to 4 possibilities for the forward mount:
1. Uncle Mike's clamp on #13912
2. Uncle Mike's full band #13312
3. D&T the rear band like the Marlin #F406614
4. Leave it alone

I'll keep you posted. Thanks again everyone.
Southpaw_soldier

Post by Southpaw_soldier »

In a similar position for the wife's 92.

Bought her one of Andy's slings a while back, and struggling to find a proper method of mounting it up front. Her model lacks a barrel band (20in octagonal) so it's either drill and tap the fore-end (doesn't seem to be much meat there) or the tube clamp.

Finding some of the concepts here interesting; tried using the screws for the forened cap to secure a nylon strap, but felt like I was going to strip the threads out of the holes in the fore-end cap. I might be able to work a nylon loop between the tube and barrel, but I worry about stressing the tube. Same reason I'm hesitant for the tube clamp.

Love using scout slings, but having the devil's own time figuring out how to mount one on a 92.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Use a piece of paracord pull it through under the barrel in between the magtube support and forearm. You can attach her sling to the the loop and just be sure to use a good knot to make sure it holds. An albright is gtg, but any good connecting knot will work. Though our rifles are different this should work for you as well. leather could work also
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

akuser47 wrote:I think I'm just gonna loop some paracord around the barrel and buttstock simple easy and also good cord in case of emergency. And can be used to drag your kill back to your vehicle in a pinch or fashion shelter, bootlaces, etc.etc.etc.
here is as simple as it gets one piece almost 8 foot of paracord with 7 strand core intact good for fishing line and many other tasks i just used a basic version of an albright knot to join them.
Then I decided I didn't like the sling resting against the back of my triggers so I put a buttplate loop in the cord so when slung upright she stays in place. All can be removed or adjusted in moments and this works. Not purty like a leather sling but it is resilent and will last longer than the wood will in the elements.

AK-47, you 2nd paracord photo inspired me for a "prettier" idea. I'm pretty fair with leather working and I've been thinking of what I could use this deer season. I think I'll make a buckskin sleeve that will match the curve of the butt plate and contour of the stock up to the lever. It will have a shoe lace style stitching on right side of the stock for easy removal and to insure a snug fit. I will sew a belt strap to the left side with adjustable lacing holes at the end of the strap. I will attach the other end of the shoulder strap magazine tube as you did, but I will cut a slice in the buckskin to create a loop. I'll make the loop end at least 2" wide to distribute the weight of the rifle in a longer area to protect the tube. I'll cut the slit an angle maybe up to 30 degrees to allow the shoulder strap to begin to turn before in connect with my shoulder. Heck, I might even add fringes on the stock sleeve to give it a "mountain man" look.

I'll post pictures when I get it finish, probably not until mid-summer, though.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

When I redo the second one I had in the pic. I plan actaully wrapping around the the barrel band to lock it into place it will still be inbetween the barrel and mag tube and to put the weight of the rifle on the barrel and clamp more than just the tube when slung. I rigged that up just to show how easy anything can be made up. Def. keep us posted to what you work up all learn from every step we all take. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Moon Tree wrote: I think I'll make a buckskin sleeve that will match the curve of the butt plate and contour of the stock up to the lever. It will have a shoe lace style stitching on right side of the stock for easy removal and to insure a snug fit. I will sew a belt strap to the left side with adjustable lacing holes at the end of the strap. I will attach the other end of the shoulder strap magazine tube as you did, but I will cut a slice in the buckskin to create a loop. I'll make the loop end at least 2" wide to distribute the weight of the rifle in a longer area to protect the tube. I'll cut the slit an angle maybe up to 30 degrees to allow the shoulder strap to begin to turn before in connect with my shoulder. Heck, I might even add fringes on the stock sleeve to give it a "mountain man" look.

I'll post pictures when I get it finish, probably not until mid-summer, though.
Like this:http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_in ... ts_id=9308
but prettier I bet! I look forward to photos!