18" barrel?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
tom

18" barrel?

Post by tom »

Hi, all.
New here with a question.
All I've seen offered in newer 92s are 16", 20", or 24" bbls.
Found one in the want ads with an 18" bbl, was this an older one? The magazine tube matches the bbl, from the picture.
I'm hoping its an older one, as I'm learning they were of a better quality (I think I'm learning?)
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 18" barrel?

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I am not aware of any 18" 92 rifles and cannot find much either online. I would not be surprized if they were made though. I will watch this thread to see what I can learn. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
tom

Post by tom »

It can't be that old, he says it has a safety. If it hasn't sold ny the time I get back, I'll look at it next weekend.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

If it has the safety I think it was measured wrong or assumed wrong length therossi listings has not had a 18" I can find for a while. keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
knifemaker

Post by knifemaker »

If the magazine tube is the same lenght as the barrel, it is more likely a 20" barrel and lenght in description may have been given wrong. :roll:
tom

Post by tom »

I never did look at it. Changed my mind about buying it, he seems firm at $450. Too much for me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

tom wrote:I never did look at it. Changed my mind about buying it, he seems firm at $450. Too much for me.
I would agree, you should be able to buy a new rifle for that. Now that they are appearing in a couple of shops here the blued rifles are selling for $400.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

tom wrote:It can't be that old, he says it has a safety. If it hasn't sold ny the time I get back, I'll look at it next weekend.
My 3 x Rossi 92s are the older Amadeo Rossi M92 vintage.........they don't have "pigtail" safeties or hammer locks.
If it has a safety it isn't that old.
My experience from guns I've inspected is that the older guns are of better quality.
The best period is after the CNC retooling in the early 2000s to just before the Taurus acquisition.
The Navy Arms 92s are la creme de la creme if you can find one.....good luck with that.....current owners are NOT selling them......I'm sorry I sold mine.
If the gun is a Navy Arms (walnut stock) in good shape it's worth the $450.
Never heard of a stock Rossi built 92 with an 18" barrel.
Amadeo Rossi used to do a lot of custom building for Interarms, Navy Arms or whomever so anything is possible.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA