got to the range finally

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
3sharps

got to the range finally

Post by 3sharps »

Hi gang, I finally made it to the range today. I had to wade through knee deep snow to post my targets. That was almost to much for my 74 year old body. Had a 6 inch bulls eye to aim at. It sure looks small at 100 yards! I fired 3 for effect, made a slight adjustment, and sent 8 more down range. Boy am I impressed with my Rossi. All the rounds except one of the first three were in the black and 4 were in the 10 ring! I have a 24 inch .357 blued model. I am looking forward to better weather and better shooting. :D
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: got to the range finally

Post by pricedo »

3sharps wrote:Hi gang, I finally made it to the range today. I had to wade through knee deep snow to post my targets. That was almost to much for my 74 year old body. Had a 6 inch bulls eye to aim at. It sure looks small at 100 yards! I fired 3 for effect, made a slight adjustment, and sent 8 more down range. Boy am I impressed with my Rossi. All the rounds except one of the first three were in the black and 4 were in the 10 ring! I have a 24 inch .357 blued model. I am looking forward to better weather and better shooting. :D
One consolation .......... shivering from the cold is a good excuse for sloppy groups. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Any day at the range is a good day!!! The smell of bluedot and lee bullet lube always brings a smile to my face.

Did I mention I was running my AC this afternoon here in central TX? Just thought I would mention it.... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

3sharps wrote:Hi gang, I finally made it to the range today. I had to wade through knee deep snow to post my targets. That was almost to much for my 74 year old body. Had a 6 inch bulls eye to aim at. It sure looks small at 100 yards! I fired 3 for effect, made a slight adjustment, and sent 8 more down range. Boy am I impressed with my Rossi. All the rounds except one of the first three were in the black and 4 were in the 10 ring! I have a 24 inch .357 blued model. I am looking forward to better weather and better shooting. :D

at 100 yards, I'd say your on to something!

I've been putting off a range trip until the wind died down and the temp got above 50 (and dry) so I could try some of my loads through a chrony I got in early January. I finally had the break today in the nasty winter weather (what is knee deep snow? :D ) on a day that I could set aside for a range trip ...... mostly calm wind, clear, 60°-65° (still sweat shirt weather :mrgreen: ). If it's cold enough for knee deep snow to be present, I'm not sure if I could still hit the backstop.

I'm waiting to see how you do when the weather warms up to something more tolerable .... like 75° :D

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Glad to hear keep us posted to your endevours. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
45LC92

Post by 45LC92 »

mr surveyor wrote:
3sharps wrote:
I'm waiting to see how you do when the weather warms up to something more tolerable .... like 75° :D

JD

"Twas 91° here yesterday. :lol: +guns
Rio Grande

Post by Rio Grande »

We broke freezing this morning +guns
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Been 70-80 the last three days.
Since I'm off tomorrow and thinking about getting the mountain bike out it will probably chill down to cold OR the wind will pick up to gale force or both.