92 Rossi SRC Trigger pull

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Mike in SC

92 Rossi SRC Trigger pull

Post by Mike in SC »

I picked up Steve's Gunz DVD and did most of the modifications on my Interarms-era 92 SRC in .45 Colt. What a difference! My only question is,"how light is a safe trigger pull weight?" According to my trigger gauge the pull is 2 3/4 to 3 pounds even, consistently. It feels great and I just use it for targets. Is it safe enough or too light. TIA for any responses.
4kdave

Re: 92 Rossi SRC Trigger pull

Post by 4kdave »

Mike, that is just what I got but being as cold as it has been I haven't shot it since I am also waiting on a red dot to mount'

Some on the forum in a previous discussion on this very subject say it is too light and dangerous but I feel if it is going to be a one person gun then it is OK. If you are going to have multiple shooters using the gun then I would increase it to 4-5 lb. Just my .02....

Dave
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Mike in SC wrote:I picked up Steve's Gunz DVD and did most of the modifications on my Interarms-era 92 SRC in .45 Colt. What a difference! My only question is,"how light is a safe trigger pull weight?" According to my trigger gauge the pull is 2 3/4 to 3 pounds even, consistently. It feels great and I just use it for targets. Is it safe enough or too light. TIA for any responses.
Greetings Mike and welcome to the forum! This is something that really is up to you and your shooting style.
Michael
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

I've paid hundreds of dollars over the years to have my triggers set at 3 to 3.5 lb.'s. Some Prairie Dog rifles are set lighter and my muzzleloaders are with set triggers at less than 3/4 lb. It's what you are comfortable with and what you use the rifle for. DP
Mike in SC

Post by Mike in SC »

Thanks for replies, great to be here!