Nooob!!! PA boy with a new R92

Tell us a bit about yourself!
HaveBlue83

Nooob!!! PA boy with a new R92

Post by HaveBlue83 »

I never officially have owned a lever gun before today. Quite frankly, westerns are hard to watch without one. I have had an Uberti Chisholm in .45LC that I had to sell that was fun, but never a rifle. I bought my dad a 336C 30-30 and that's all I ever shot.

I finally got my .38/.357 R92 tonite after waiting 3 weeks for it to come in. I paid $497 as I work at the gun shop +guns. I got a price break from the $550 we have them at. I wanted a 16" in .357 so I had to wait. We have a 20" and some .45lc ones but I wanted the shorty model (trapper?). I already bought the snap caps and 200rnds. I have a feeling this is my new fav gun!

I already know about StevesGunz, the ejector spring, the metal follower, and I just finished up a 500rnd cycle break-in tonite. I also cut off the buckhorn part of the site with my dremel. I like a flat top sight picture, like a BB gun. ;) . I am a Veteran and a former 45B so I can easily mod this lil sucker :mrgreen:

I have stalked this forum for two weeks so I am now here to stay. I think I got a good one!

here is the pic I took fresh out of the box. I got nice wood too!
free pic
R92 16" Blued, .38/.357
Handloading 38Spl

Hey, Blond! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b-!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Nooob!!! PA boy with a new R92

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome and nice 92 for sure keep us posted to how she shoots annd performs.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you have done your homework well and come up with a very nice rifle. It is also great to see that someone in a gun shop is actually interested in the rifles!
Michael
HaveBlue83

Post by HaveBlue83 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Welcome to the forum! It looks like you have done your homework well and come up with a very nice rifle. It is also great to see that someone in a gun shop is actually interested in the rifles!
Yeah i have been handling them for a bit and i like their feel. It seems that they are a good specimen for the brand and they have a cult following.

Just put in an order at Steve's :)
R92 16" Blued, .38/.357
Handloading 38Spl

Hey, Blond! You know what you are? Just a dirty son-of-a-b-!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

WARNING Lever guns are addictive!
Just like potato chips though once you have one you feel the need for another handful.

At least they aren't hazardous to your health as a rule.