Another one drops in

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Another one drops in

Post by Archer »

Funny how so many of the 'new members' comments seem to apply.

I'm another Levernut. At last count I've got something north of 10 of them including Winchesters, Henrys, Brownings and Rossi examples. I'm in search of some Marlins but haven't run up on any that are priced right while in acceptable condition (and that includes NIB guns that were priced ok but were manufactured with defects.)

I own two new Rossi 92s one a Stainless 24" Octagonal .44 Mag and the other a 20" .357 Round Barrel. The guns are new with maybe 25 rounds through the .44 and the .357 hasn't been to the range yet. The .44 was picked up for a decent price because the initial owner didn't like the buttplate on his first trip to the range. I've buffed the razor edge off the bottom of the crescent so it won't actively cut anything and think it will be fine. I've picked up the stainless mag followers and just need to drop them in along with some lighter spring kits and the butterfly safety replacement plugs. These are my first foray into the world of Rossi or Taurus or Braztech. I'm a long time gun guy with major interests in Levers, U.S. Military rifles, 1911s, service semi-auto handguns and developing an interests in revolvers. I reload for several calibers when I can get time, space and components all in the same place and time.

I'm a weekend mountain biker, an aerospace engineer currently in SoCal from North GA roots. I've spent at least some time in GA, AL, TN, CA, TX, WA with trips through or in and out of a lot of other states.

I joined up to make a few comments and because I'm getting ready to do the strip to deburr on the 92s plus I'm seriously considering refinishing the stocks on the guns and most of my searches for hints and things to avoid over the past few months ended up here.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another one drops in

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome Archer, interesting background! Funny how these levers get under our skin!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Another one drops in

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!