Recommended Ammo for 92 in .38/.357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Recommended Ammo for 92 in .38/.357

Post by akuser47 »

ironhead7544 wrote:Lever guns can be fussy about ammo. Generally, most of the jacketed hollowpoints and softpoints will have a flat point and will feed OK. Due to the cost of ammmo I would say start handloading. The 38/357 is about the cheapest to shoot of any centerfire rifle. The round nose flat point lead bullets are made for the leverguns. You can find a bullet/case/primer/powder combo that will work for any purpose you might use the rifle for.
exactly if you do not cast you can buy bullets to your needs in lead sized lubed and ready to load for your rifle. keep us posted ask anything you need to. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
luangtom

Post by luangtom »

Right now, I don't need anything. I went sailing through the supposedly "big" gun-show today and found not one Rossi in pistol-caliber. Not one. The only one in the area is the one that I looked at the other day and it has a canted barrel. It is an obvious cant, so I will not purchase it and send it in to get repaired. I refuse to purchase something that is faulty before it is sold. So, I will wait.....
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

try wtb listings for ftf in any gun forums u can local to you I found one this way when none could even be found online at that time.
luangtom

Post by luangtom »

Thanks for the suggestion.
blaviner

Post by blaviner »

Hello all. Been reading forum for a while but this is first comment. I have had my 92 in 38/357 for 6 months and love it. I shoot almost exclusively cast bullets. Mostly 38 sp 125 gn RNFP. I have been getting mine from Rim Rock Bullets. They ship fast (usually same or next day) and always have had what I wanted in stock. I finally have some more 357 brass so I will be loading some of them up now. I will prob try to work up a load using some 158 gn RNFP when I get my next order from Rim Rock.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

welcome, and good to know you have had good experience with those bullets.