AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Post by klr »

So, I was tapping the safety Dave sent me for my super-duper peep sight and broke the tap off in the hole. I haven't broken a tap in years. :oops: The really aggravating part was that I was finished tapping the hole and just doing the final in and out to clear the chips and just hit the bottom of the hole a little too hard. I was at that point where I was patting myself on the back instead of paying careful attention to finishing the job. :x

Of course the tap broke off flush and it's also plugging the hole where the detent ball spring goes so I can't even weld to the top and still use it as a safety.

Anyone have another spare, or the contact info for Rossi parts department?
Pat Yates

Re: AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Post by Pat Yates »

Tap extractors usually work on that kind of problem. UseEnco.com has them in reasonably priced sets.

Pat
45LC92

Post by 45LC92 »

If all else fails, take it to a machine shop and have it removed. The cost is what we used to call the "dummy fee". Might be easier than trying to find another safety.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Yep, I've paid the dummy fee more times than I care to admit. :) I also consider my mistakes good for the experience. Of course, experience is what you get right after you need it. :lol: