plastic carrier

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
LRP

plastic carrier

Post by LRP »

has any one had any trouble with the plastic carrier or lifter as I call it. I plan on making a stainless magazine follower to replace the yellow plastic one. these plastic parts scare me. on a side note, all
plastics are preamable, that is it will absorb water, oil ect and swell up.
Louis
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: plastic carrier

Post by akuser47 »

Carrier you mean follower right the plastic cup in the mag tube. This is the only plastic that came in my 20"r92 and It never failed me, but I would never risk trusting a part that is so easily replaced as to eleminate this as a potential liability. Keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
LRP

Post by LRP »

akuser47 wrote:Carrier you mean follower right the plastic cup in the mag tube. This is the only plastic that came in my 20"r92 and It never failed me, but I would never risk trusting a part that is so easily replaced as to eleminate this as a potential liability. Keep us posted
no! the lifter the lifts the nose of the cartridge up. that seem to be plastic on my 24 inch 44-40 rifle
Louis
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

LRP wrote:
akuser47 wrote:Carrier you mean follower right the plastic cup in the mag tube. This is the only plastic that came in my 20"r92 and It never failed me, but I would never risk trusting a part that is so easily replaced as to eleminate this as a potential liability. Keep us posted
no! the lifter the lifts the nose of the cartridge up. that seem to be plastic on my 24 inch 44-40 rifle
Louis
Ok maybe rossi has just started this as I have not heard of this before please keep us posted to what you find as this seems to me a new development or common in 4440 or 4570 rifles
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I believe they are injected molded metal alloy, at least mine are.
Michael
se3388

Post by se3388 »

All my lifters are MIM and my M92 454 is a very recent manufacture. If they are indeed plastic that is a first for me to see and kind of dumb for Rossi as it looks like it would wear too much and quick.

Steve........
NRA Benefactor Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life member
USAF Veteran
LRP

Post by LRP »

wellllll I,m gona have to eat some crow on this one. sorry. It,s black and textured and looks like plastic.
I whent and got a small pocket magnet and it,s steel of some sort. my 16 in carbine came today and it turned out to be a 20 incher. this is even better than the rifle. the trigger is about 3 lbs and crisp with no drag. I found a scope base today. the dealer e-mailed me there was no such thing and a phone call from
them this morning while I was in town that they did not make scope basses but 3 hrs later I get an e-mail
from them that they had them in stock, $25. will order on twomorrow. I noticed that the 38, 44, 45, calibers are all 1 in 30 twist. in the 44 mag , u boys find that the 240 gr bullets are more accurate at
full house loads or down a bit. sorry about the so called plastic lifter.
Louis
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

LRP wrote:wellllll I,m gona have to eat some crow on this one. sorry. It,s black and textured and looks like plastic.
I whent and got a small pocket magnet and it,s steel of some sort. my 16 in carbine came today and it turned out to be a 20 incher. this is even better than the rifle. the trigger is about 3 lbs and crisp with no drag. I found a scope base today. the dealer e-mailed me there was no such thing and a phone call from
them this morning while I was in town that they did not make scope basses but 3 hrs later I get an e-mail
from them that they had them in stock, $25. will order on twomorrow. I noticed that the 38, 44, 45, calibers are all 1 in 30 twist. in the 44 mag , u boys find that the 240 gr bullets are more accurate at
Louis
No Problem Louis.

I shoot 250, 275, and 300-grain bullets out of my R92 44 Mag, all at full power loads, and get great accuracy from them all.
Michael
LRP

Post by LRP »

thanks RD; the left and right locking bolts are black textured also and look just
like the lifter carrier. . I believe it,s a Teflon of some sort. I thought at first glance
the extractor is blue steel and the black bolt locks were blue steel too. but when I look at the top of
these locking bolts there polished stainless.
cheers
Louis
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

LRP wrote:wellllll I,m gona have to eat some crow on this one. sorry. It,s black and textured and looks like plastic.
Louis
I suspected it might be plastic too . . . not that I didn't trust you but I did the magnet thing after reading your post and confirmed it is indeed metal. You learn something everyday!