There's a .480 on GB

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: There's a .480 on GB

Post by golfish »

Ranch Dog wrote:
golfish wrote:Ranch Dog, I though Rossi only made a small handful of these .480's ? When I say small I mean the total number produced would fit in the trunk of my wife's Honda Civic.
Legacy told me they ordered 100 of them.

What happened guys? I go hunting and you let this slip? $480 didn't meet the reserve!
I wasn't in on this one, just trying to see if the reserve was low. With the crazy laws that have gone into effect here in Calif this year regarding long guns, I'm pretty much done buying guns.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

golfish wrote:With the crazy laws that have gone into effect here in Calif this year regarding long guns, I'm pretty much done buying guns.
Dang! Don't give in, that is why they did it! I'd do it just to spite them!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

golfish wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:
golfish wrote:Ranch Dog, I though Rossi only made a small handful of these .480's ? When I say small I mean the total number produced would fit in the trunk of my wife's Honda Civic.
Legacy told me they ordered 100 of them.

What happened guys? I go hunting and you let this slip? $480 didn't meet the reserve!
I wasn't in on this one, just trying to see if the reserve was low. With the crazy laws that have gone into effect here in Calif this year regarding long guns, I'm pretty much done buying guns.
I've been on the look for a Amadeo Rossi pre-safety M92/480 but it's not a priority or even a burning desire ........my 92/454 will do everything its 480 sibling will do and more.

The crazy laws didn't get passed in the CA legislature and go into effect spontaneously by supernatural magic like the 10-Commandments from God on the Holy Mount..........they were allowed to become the law of the land by the lack of political activism & failure of gun owners to line up in solidarity behind the NRA & other gun rights organizations to defeat these laws. When bad laws get passed we usually don't have to go far to see whose fault it is........only as far as the nearest mirror. +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:
The crazy laws didn't get passed in the CA legislature and go into effect spontaneously by supernatural magic like the 10-Commandments from God on the Holy Mount..........they were allowed to become the law of the land by the lack of political activism & failure of gun owners to line up in solidarity behind the NRA & other gun rights organizations to defeat these laws. When bad laws get passed we usually don't have to go far to see whose fault it is........only as far as the nearest mirror. +corn

Darn it, I can't find my soap box...

The NRA has all but given up on CA. The money saved will go to The CalGuns Foundation..
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I get it now... subsonic_firearms bought this rifle from MD07SOT for $787! That is why subsonic_firearms auction has an opening bid of $825! subsonic paid to much and they want to pass it along to you! I hope they are stuck with it.
Michael
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Ranch Dog wrote:
golfish wrote:With the crazy laws that have gone into effect here in Calif this year regarding long guns, I'm pretty much done buying guns.
I hear ya Brother. I bought a few 80% AR15 lowers last year and managed to get them machined before the ATF put a stop to all the parties. I know just the thought of having these ticks off all those Calif gun grabbers.
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

Ranch Dog wrote:I get it now... subsonic_firearms bought this rifle from MD07SOT for $787! That is why subsonic_firearms auction has an opening bid of $825! subsonic paid to much and they want to pass it along to you! I hope they are stuck with it.
Looks like they bought it with a bunch of ammo and are now selling it for more $ but without the ammo. Hmm...
Aim small, miss small.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Trailboss wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:I get it now... subsonic_firearms bought this rifle from MD07SOT for $787! That is why subsonic_firearms auction has an opening bid of $825! subsonic paid to much and they want to pass it along to you! I hope they are stuck with it.
Looks like they bought it with a bunch of ammo and are now selling it for more $ but without the ammo. Hmm...
Only one box of ammo was included, the ammo in the last picture was $25 box extra. He must have wanted two boxes of ammo, the free one and one paid. Long way to go to get two boxes of 480 free :D
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

golfish wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:
I hear ya Brother. I bought a few 80% AR15 lowers last year and managed to get them machined before the ATF put a stop to all the parties. I know just the thought of having these ticks off all those Calif gun grabbers.
Part of the problem is by law you are allowed to produce 1 firearm for personal use per year and ATF twigged to folks producing lots of 20-100 and then shipping them across the border into the mexifornia homeland. Bureaucrats got to control the peons to prevent international incidents and increase their gooberment empire.
I've been on the look for a Amadeo Rossi pre-safety M92/480 but it's not a priority or even a burning desire ........my 92/454 will do everything its 480 sibling will do and more.

The crazy laws didn't get passed in the CA legislature and go into effect spontaneously by supernatural magic like the 10-Commandments from God on the Holy Mount..........they were allowed to become the law of the land by the lack of political activism & failure of gun owners to line up in solidarity behind the NRA & other gun rights organizations to defeat these laws. When bad laws get passed we usually don't have to go far to see whose fault it is........only as far as the nearest mirror.
Kalifornia is really a single party system. Almost ALL the districts are 'safe' or at least they were drawn that way and the idiot republicans in this state allowed the democrats to do it that way since they were more or less assured their districts in the same manner they went for personal job security over competition and good of the state. They essentially ceded the possibility of EVER being more than a minority party in this state. The dems have been farming out the urban welfare dwellers to the supposedly safe repub rural districts until they've managed a supermajority and just like Obamacare they can pretty much pass ANY idiot idea their worst ignorant, retarded and brain damaged race and class baiting poverty pimps come up with.

Those of us who've moved into the state for jobs are mostly moving out for the same reasons AND to get away from the insanity. The continuing problem is the insane are also moving out and infecting the rest of the nation by repeating their insanity. It reminds me of when I was in college at GATech and a Yankee activist attempted to get massive gun control in Decatur a neighboring suburb of Atlanta. Something like 500-1000 people turned out to speak in favor of the second amendment rights and against the activist's suggested legal actions. Maybe 15 or so ignorant inarticulate government subsidized folks came out in favor of the measures but couldn't explain why other than they were afraid of those evil guns being in just anyone's hands. After the activist was sent packing in a sound defeat he was interviewed undeterred he stated that 'This area NEEDS gun control!'

CA IS the example of incremental 'reasonable' measures enacted by the religious zealots becoming anything but reasonable. The AG K. Harris got her head handed to her on the waiting period issue recently and is reacting by striking back at anyone she can blame for her loss of face. Since she can't blame herself she is taking it out on the 2nd amendment community.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You have pretty much summed it up Archer!
Michael